When an accident happens on the streets, we all wish we had a handsome doctor on hand to save our lives with his skilful hands.
Now, most of the time, that doesn’t happen.
But this one time in Yishun
An elderly lady got just that.
A Deadly Fall
On 3 June 2019, an elderly lady slipped and fell at Blk 417 Yishun Avenue 11. She was believed to have fallen down due to the slippery floor caused by the rain.
A man was passing by and saw her lying on the floor, surrounded by bystanders.
Some of the crowd were calling for the ambulance while others were simply standing there watching.
Scanning his eyes around the surroundings, our unlikely hero spotted a clinic nearby, Healthway Clinic.
So he ran into the clinic to ask for assistance.
Despite it being their lunch hour, a doctor and two nurses rushed out of the clinic to offer their help.
Bleeding From The Head
The elderly lady was bleeding from the head.
The doctor had initially wanted to bring her into the clinic but was told by bystanders that the ambulance has already been called.
So he checked her injuries instead and instructed the nurses to bring bandages from the clinic to stop her bleeding.
A passerby helped to shelter the elderly lady with an umbrella while the medical professionals attended to her.
Dr Lai Yew Tah, Ms Nur Nabilah Binte Nordin and Ms Kimmy Lee were hailed as heroes in this incident.
Netizens are also praising them for their selfless help despite an ambulance (from a sorta rival company) on its way to the scene.
Even Healthyway Medical Group got in on the action.
“We are heartened to hear of the quick response and level of care displayed by Dr Lai, Ms Nur and Ms Lee.
“Building a strong foundation of dedicated healthcare professionals is at the core of Healthway Medical, and we are proud to see our staff going beyond the call of duty.
“We would like to wish the patient a speedy recovery.”
Here’s What You Should Do Next Time You See Someone In The Same Situation:
- Scan around to see if there are any medical professionals nearby
- Call for an ambulance
- Keep the person lying still with the head and shoulders slightly elevated
- Apply firm pressure to the wound with sterile gauze or a clean cloth. But don’t apply direct pressure to the wound if you suspect a skull fracture.
- Watch for changes in breathing and alertness; if there’s no breathing or circulation, CPR.
Here’s a video of how you can bandage a wound if there are no other alternatives:
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 4-Month-Old & 59YO Have Allegedly Died Due To Haze Condition In Indonesia
- 51YO Thai Woman Sent To Hospital With Cucumber Up Her Privates; Said It Was An Accident
- Mother Sells Twin Babies For $12.6k To Pay Credit Card Debts & Buy New Phone
- Tuition Teacher Rapes Student 285 Times; Says He Will Marry Her When She’s 18
- Man Marries Dead Girlfriend on Hospital Bed Before She Donates 12 Of Her Organs
- M’sian Doctor Reveals How Unhealthy Bubble Tea Is & Advises Netizens To Avoid It