2 Young Doctors From Hubei Died from COVID-19; Touching Interviews with Loved Ones Show Their Courage

By now, every one of us would know that the COVID-19 situation doesn’t seem to be getting any better. In fact, it seems like it’s getting worse (at least in other countries).

While most of us are able to hide in our own homes to avoid getting infected by the coronavirus, there is a big group of frontline workers who are unable to do so, and have no choice but to battle the virus headfirst.

While we are all praying for their safety and expressing our gratitude towards them, some of them have unfortunately lost their lives while trying to save others.

Doctors Lose Lives Due To COVID-19

The other day, news broke that a 29-year-old doctor postponed his wedding due to the COVID-19 outbreak but passed away after being infected with the coronavirus.

Sadly, he isn’t the only young doctor who passed away in the line of duty.

According to People’s Daily, two young doctors have passed away on Sunday, 23 February, after getting infected by COVID-19.

42-year-old Huang Wenjun and 29-year-old Xia Sisi were doctors working in Hubei province.

Xia Sisi, 29

Xia was a gastroenterology doctor at the Union Jiangbei Hospital in Wuhan. She was first hospitalised on 19 January and was later transferred to another hospital on 7 February when her condition became worse.

In a recorded interview with her mother, she had been unconscious since she was transferred to another hospital about two weeks ago.

Her mother also revealed that they were initially hopeful that she would get better, but things turned for the worse and Xia told her parents to take good care of her son if she were to really leave this world.

Her mother didn’t even think that she would really end up losing her only daughter, and is still in disbelief that this happened.

Xia leaves behind her husband and their two-year-old son.

Huang Wenjun, 42

Huang was a doctor specialising in respiratory medicine at Xiaogan Central Hospital, Hubei.

In a recorded interview with his wife, she revealed that he found himself starting to show symptoms of being ill so he quarantined himself.

However, she felt like something was wrong and sent him to the hospital on the third day. It was then that he tested positive for COVID-19 and was hospitalised.

She also said that after he was hospitalised, he could still talk to her, however, on Sunday morning, he gave her a call and tried to tell her to bring him home soon. She couldn’t hear him properly since he was using a respirator, and the doctors were the ones who conveyed the message to her.

Join our telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg

She knew a lot of effort was required to speak, so she told him not to talk, and that all the doctors were his colleagues and they were actively helping him to get better. She told him to stay strong and that she’ll bring him home soon. Unfortunately, he couldn’t last any longer, and succumbed to the disease that evening.

He leaves behind his wife and their 11-year-old son.


Many people have expressed their condolences for the two doctors on the Chinese social media platform Weibo.

Thank you for your service, and may you rest in peace.

Latest & Popular Articles You Must Not Miss:


Our Most Popular Videos You Must Not Miss: