Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert needs no introduction.
The restaurant has an outlet in almost every mall, and is often crowded due to their affordable and delish Hong Kong-styled dishes and desserts.
But you might not know that last year, they held their first Free Wanton Mee Day, in which anyone can get a bowl of Wanton Mee for free for three hours.
This year, it’s coming back, and there’s something new.
Mala Wanton Mee
A wise old man once said that you can mala anything, and it seems like the good folks at Sheng Kee received that memo, for they’ve come out with Mala Wanton Mee.
The Mala Wanton Noodle comes with boiled mala wantons that are made using kurobuta pork, prawns and mala spice blend that is a secret recipe specially concocted by their Senior Executive Chef, Mr Chan Wing Kin, using different Szechuan spices.
The mala wantons are paired with HK imported springy egg noodle and topped with Jinhua ham broth that is boiled for hours.
The reason why we’re introducing this mala wanton mee?
Because it’ll be available on their Free Wanton Mee Day, too.
For two hours from 11.30am – 1.30pm in all Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert outlets on 10 October 2019, customers get to enjoy FREE bowls of HK Wanton Noodle (soup) that comes with both signature wantons and the new mala wantons!
This is available for dine-in only and with limited quantities.
There are the malls with an outlet:
- A&W Hub AMK Hub
- Bedok Mall
- Causeway Point
- Changi City Point
- Compass One
- Hillion Mall
- ION Orchard
- Lot One
- Northpoint City
- Raffles City Shopping Centre
- Tampines 1
- The CentrePoint
What if you reach the restaurant at 1.31pm?
Well, fret not. You can still fulfil your mala craving, just that you’d have to pay.
Other than Mala Wanton Mee, they’ve also come out with Mala Siew Mai, which seems a tad more interesting.
The new Mala Wanton Noodle and Fried Mala Wanton Noodle are priced at $7.90 each for ala carte and $11.90 each for set. Each set includes a serving of HK Carrot Cake (this is really goody man; I can vouch for that!) and a glass of Iced Milk Tea.
The Mala Siew Mai is priced at $4.50 for 3 pcs.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill