In a surprising move, 13th ranked tennis player, Emma Raducanu, was spotted in Singapore less than a week after her humble departure from the Australian Open last week.
The 19-year-old tennis player was first seen in a training session at Tanglin club, clad in her usual sports apparel and hands braced on her hips, listening seriously as her coach was dishing out some advice for her practice session.
Checking Off the Tourist Spots in Singapore
Besides putting in more training in a different country and facility, however, it appears that Raducanu has made it her mission to let herself rest and relax by visiting all the attractive tourist spots and food that Singapore has to offer.
In her Facebook post, the tennis star could be seen grinning widely as she showed off the glorious mess left behind after trying out Singapore’s signature chilli crab at a hawker centre.
From the looks of her expression, it seems like the spice and seafood really matched her palate.
Likewise, she posted herself in iconic places like the Haji Lane and ION Orchard, a street of Singapore’s unique blend of cultures, as well as a famous business area for all luxury goods and a wide expanse of restaurants and bars tucked away behind the main road.
Of course, no tourist trip ends without seeing the defining symbol of Singapore, the Merlion Park.
With wind-swept hair of the cooling breeze blowing inwards, Raducanu posed right next to the lion-fish, surrounded by the stunning skyline and dark waters reflecting the city lights.
Raducanu: I Will Be Back
But perhaps the best sign that Raducanu had thoroughly enjoyed herself in Singapore was the sweet message that she attached to the images:
“Singapore!! We worked, got stuck in (literally…), enjoyed the great culture 👷🏻♀️ and had so much fun here. 🦀 Thank you to everyone’s warm welcome, you made it even more special, I’ll be back!!”
Then in Mandarin, she thanked Singapore, ending the first sentence with an exclamation mark. She thanks Singapore for giving her many wonderful memories and she promises that she will definitely return one day.
We apologise for trapping the tennis star in the country briefly with the ever-changing travelling restrictions around the world, and we’re immensely glad that Emma Raducanu has enjoyed herself in spite of it.
It is an honour to receive a world-ranking tennis player who rose to prominence at 18 years old when she miraculously won the 2021 United States Open.
- Soh Rui Yong Offers to Drop His Defamation Lawsuit Against Sports Athletics Director ‘Cus It’s ‘Not Good for Sports’
- Everything About the Lee Zii Jia Saga Whereby He Was Banned After Quitting M’sia National Team
- 10 Facts About Loh Kean Yew, The First S’porean to Win the World Championships Men’s Singles
Featured Images: Facebook (Emma Raducanu)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast