This is not the first, nor will it be the last time scammers attempt to cheat people by leveraging NTUC’s name.
After all, $400 worth of NTUC vouchers is a pretty attractive sum of money and it’s something most of us would love to have due to its practicality.
Interestingly, I received this particular Whatsapp message two days back.
And heck, it wasn’t even from some unknown number. It’s from a friend of mine. When I gave him a call, he said that he did not send the message to me. Soooo, am I right to assume that this is some form of malware?
A post by NTUC on Facebook reads: “We were alerted of a new online scam that was hosted on multiple unofficial websites impersonating FairPrice,”
“The site claims to reward customers with a SG$400 gift card voucher in celebration of our 45th anniversary. Please be wary that this message was not created nor endorsed by us,”
NTUC has advised customers to ignore the link and avoid sharing it.
TL;DR: Don’t open the link and don’t share it
Heck, do spread the word and let your parents and relatives know about this (I’m pretty sure some aunties and uncles are sharing the link non stop at this point).
Let’s help contain the damage before it gets out of hand!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- PSA: There’re Two New Scam Websites In Town And They Look Legit AF
- Everything You Need To Know About The $40 Million SkillsFuture Scam In 60 Sec
- PSA: There’s A New Scam In Town & 80% Of People Who Tio This Won’t Know What To Do
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day