Just yesterday, a fire broke out at a Punggol Construction Site and 2 workers were trapped in a gondola. The fire happened at a half-completed building at the Global Indian International School, and the rest of the workers were evacuated and assembled at an emergency evacuation site.
Here are the other facts about the accident yesterday that you should know about.
1. The fire took place in Punggol
The fire took place at Hon Industries Pte Ltd’s worksite at Punggol Field, where the school is being constructed. The site was a half-completed building at the Global Indian International School.
2. 2 workers were trapped in a gondola
At the time of the fire, 2 workers were trapped in a gondola. They have since been safely rescued and brought to Changi General Hospital for observation for smoke inhalation.
The two men are Chinese nationals, Xing Rui Jie and Ma Guo Zhong.
3. The fire-fighting efforts took around an hour
At 4:30 pm, SCDF was alerted to the fire and they managed to put it out completely by 5:30 pm. In a Facebook post by SCDF, the fire engulfed an area of approximately 30 metres by 50 metres and took 4 water jets to put out.
According to a passerby, a black column of smoke could be seen in the sky when the fire broke out, and it was twice the height of the site.
4. Most of the SDCF involved were National Servicemen
In a Facebook post by Minister Teo Chee Hean, he thanked the SCDF for their swift efforts even though they had to deal with another fire at Changi Airport Terminal 2. He also mentioned that half of the SCDF present were National Servicemen.
Good job, guys!
5. Motorists were advised to take an alternative route
The police advised motorists to avoid the area or take alternate routes as the left and centre lanes along Punggol East Road (towards Tebing Lane) were closed.
As of now, the reason of the fire has not been disclosed.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 10 Mala Hotpot in S’pore That’ll Turn You Into Fire
- 10 Facts about The Chinatown Point Fire You Should Know
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death