It seems that anything can be hipster-fied nowadays, and that includes foodcourts. Yes, foodcourts! Nightlife and restaurant group, Timbre has set up an industrial themed foodcourt at JTC LaunchPad called Timbre+, and it is as hipster as it can be.
The 24,000 sq ft foodcourt is made up of shipping containers with vibrant graffiti and gleaming caravans. There are 35 different food selections–21 hawkers stalls and 14 restaurant brands.
The hawkers operate out of the repurposed containers while some of the restaurant brands are housed in vintage Airstream caravans-turned-food-truck.
For the food, you can enjoy the usual local food fares such as chicken rice, nasi padding and mixed rice. The famous Wong Kee Noodles & Roasted Delights from Maxwell Food Centre is there as well.
For the restaurants, you can find brands such as Dancing Crab Shack (cajun seafood), The World is Flat by Tanuki Raw (revamped pizzas), Two Wings (fried chicken) and Teppei Daidokoro (Japanese food). One thing to note is that the hawkers open as early as 6am and tend to close by 6pm.
A rather interesting concept at Timbre+ is its tray return system. If you require a tray for your food, you will need to pay $1 more during payment. You can get back your dollar at the centralised tray return area after you return your tray. We think it’s a brilliant way to start enforcing the tray returning culture!
What is good food without music? From Wednesday to Saturday nights, live music performances will take place at the central stage. There is also a bottle shop and bar where you can get craft beers and whiskies.
Attire-wise, we recommend that you dress casually because it can get really hot and stuffy. The place is not air-conditioned and the smell of smoke and food can leave its mark on you after you leave the place.
73A Ayer Rajah Crescent, #01-32, JTC LaunchPad @ One-North, Singapore 139957
Operating Hours: 6am – 12am (Mon – Thur), 6am – 1am (Fri – Sat), Closed Sun
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 10 Facts About Crash Landing On You, The 2nd Descendants of the Sun That Everyone's Talking About
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- MOH Uses Some High-Tech Testing & Found Out There’s a Link Between the 2 Church Clusters
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 6 Hidden Gems in Yishun That Even Yishunites Might Not Know About