Do you remember getting your Identity Card (IC) when you were 15?
Getting the pink card is like a rite of passage for every Singaporean. It is probably your first important card that you will get when you were a kid.
It has followed you through your important milestones in life, from your first ever NC16 movie to your first clubbing experience and getting it back on your ORD day (for the boys).
Now that you’re a full-fledged adult, you might not be using it as often, unless you have been blessed with a babyface.
Take a look at your card now. Does that carefree 15-year old look like a long lost friend, you’ve not seen for ages?
If you can hardly recognise yourself, it is probably time for you to get a new one.
This is a friendly PSA by Goody Feed.
In accordance with Regulation 14 of the National Registration Regulations (Chapter 201, Section 19), you must re-register within one year after reaching the age of 30.
Don’t believe us?
Here you go:
Don’t worry about forgetting because you will get a letter from ICA to re-register!
For those wondering what would happen if you don’t register.
Better do it cause it’s an offence (what isn’t in Singapore?) not to and you could be fined up to $5,000 or jailed up to five years, or both if found guilty.
We are already telling you to do it. So be a good citizen and get it done! And don’t forget to remind your parents too, cause they have to re-register once they turn 55-years old.
And don’t forget to remind your parents too, cause they have to re-register once they turn 55-years old.
If you’ve more questions, you can click here.
Oh, and they’re also going to do iris scan for your NRIC to improve verification capability at checkpoints. (Which you should’ve already known unless you’ve not been to ICA after 2017)
Sounds quite cool, eh? Feels like secret agent stuff, this.
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Singapore Social: 8 Facts About This Netflix Show You Should Know About
- Everything About The ‘Chao Ni Ma’ Taxi Driver Who Was Fired By TransCab For Abusing Couple & Punching Car
- Newborn Baby In S’pore Suffocated After Co-sleeping With Parents For First Time
- M’sian Air Stewardess Allegedly Breaks Arms After Carrying Passenger’s Luggage
- 3 Friends Go Swimming But 19YO Drowns While Friends Look On & Take Videos
- MINDEF Says SAF Officers Fly Business Class To Exercises As ‘They’re Included At No Additional Cost’