Suspect in Felicia Teo’s Murder Now Has Lawyers to Defend Him; Case to be Adjourned to 31 Dec

Latest Articles

There are now more updates regarding the case of the teenage girl who went missing 13 years ago.

On 30 June 2007, then 19-year-old Felicia Teo Wei Ling had seemingly vanished.

Now, in 2020, two people are suspected to be her murderers.

They are Ahmad Danial Mohamed Rafa’ee, 35, and Ragil Putra Setia Sukmarahjana, 32.

The former was arrested on 15 Dec, and charged with the victim’s murder on 17 Dec, while Ragil has not been found.

He also appeared in court on 24 Dec, and new developments have arisen.

Suspect in Felicia Teo’s Murder Has Engaged Lawyers to Defend Him; Case to be Adjourned to 31 Dec

Ahmad will now be represented by a team of lawyers, according to a district court on 24 Dec.

They were allegedly hired by his family to defend him in the case.

The suspect appeared at the State Courts through a video link from the Central Police Division.

One police prosecutor also asked that Ahmad be remanded longer for investigative purposes.

They also wanted to gather more evidence at the crime scene, which the suspect’s lawyers did not object to, though you’ve got to wonder if they can find anything since it has been 13 years.

Shashi Nathan, the one leading the defence, is in contact with a police investigator. He will update Ahmad once investigations are done.

Ahmad’s court hearing has been adjourned to 31 Dec. He faces the death penalty if charged with Teo’s murder.

Last Seen Entering Lift At HDB

On 29 June 2007, Teo reportedly left her house to attend a party.

She went to a friend’s HDB flat at Marine Terrace after the party and was seen on CCTV footage entering a lift and taking it up to the 10th floor with the two suspects.

No one has seen her since.


The trio had all attended the Lasalle College of the Arts and were believed to be friends.

Since they were all in the flat at the time, police then chose to interview the two men.

They told officers that Teo left the flat of her own accord in the early hours of 30 June.

According to a 2007 interview with TODAYonline, the two said that Teo “left in a huff” after the two men complained about the noise.

She was also sending a lot of texts at the time, one of them being at 2.37am on 30 June.

Over 200 of Teo’s family and friends searched frantically for her at her favourite hangouts, with some even going as far as Johor Bahru, but they couldn’t find the 19-year-old anywhere.


The case has been reviewed regularly since it happened.

New Evidence Found This Year

The police managed to arrest Ahmad this year after reopening the case on 15 Dec.

The case was referred to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) earlier in July.

Eventually, CID traced one of Teo’s belongings at the time of disappearance and linked it to Ahmad.

He and Ragil are believed to have murdered Teo on 30 June 2007, in a flat on the 10th floor of Block 19, Marine Terrace, between 1.39am and 7.20am.


There are currently no updates on Teo’s remains, as well as where Ragil is.

Featured Image: Facebook (Danial Enemiko, Crime Library Singapore) 

Quiet Firing is a more serious issue than Quiet Quitting, because it could have all boiled down to one issue. Here’s the issue: