A fire broke out at [email protected] shopping mall on Thursday (15 December 2016) night. The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the fire, which involved several contents of a storeroom inside a shop on the fourth floor, at around 10.25pm.
According to an SCDF spokesman, the blaze was put out using a single water jet, while the mall’s sprinkler system was also activated. A woman was taken to Singapore General Hospital after she tripped and fell.
A witness stated that she was heading towards a fashion store on the first floor when she smelled smoke in the air and feeling water drip on her head. There were also security guards managing the people to get them to leave the building swiftly.
As people were running down the escalator, a woman who seemed to be in her 50s collapsed near an escalator outside Forever 21. The Woman was understood to be the one taken to the hospital.
SCDF had deployed two fire engines, two Red Rhinos, two fire bikes, an ambulance and five support vehicles. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Here’s a takeaway: how often have we just ignored the fire alarm that rang in our office building? Very often. It’s about time we get less complacent, because fire do take place, and fire alarms aren’t just for drills.
But nevertheless, kudos to the security guards and SCDF for their swift actions!
Featured Image: straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 10 Facts about the Sungei Kadut Loop Fire You Probably Didn’t know of
- 10 Facts You Might Want to Know about the Jurong West Fire
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- TAFEP Contacting Nas Daily After He Intended to Recruit a Foreigner Based in S’pore
- Fish Leong Reportedly Officially Divorced After 9 Years of Marriage
- Thai Man Found Dead, Allegedly Consumed White Wine & Durians Together
- Woman Suffers Deadly Brain Infection After Using Cotton Buds To Clean Her Ears
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Boneless Chicken Steak: It’s Like Shrooms Burger Except No Buns