On one hand, Singapore wants to be known as a gracious country, but on the other hand, we are already well known for being kiasu. Unfortunately, this recent video, uploaded to Facebook, showed that some Singaporeans still enjoy the occasional verbal sparring.
Which is not really a bad thing, honestly, since oftentimes it makes for great entertainment.
Case in point, this particular taxi driver.
Posted by Glenn Wong on Saturday, 4 February 2017
In the video, the Chinese taxi driver and his Indian passenger got into an argument over something or another (it’s really rather irrelevant, as is normally the case for arguments like this). The argument began while they were both in the taxi, and both of them took out their phones to film each other in the course of their squabble.
I can’t imagine what traditional road-ragers would say if they saw these two. Fighting with phone cameras now, instead of the good ol’ fists? What, are they trying to give each other a photoshoot?
Anyway, as the exchange began to heat up, they got out of the taxi and carried on somewhere off to the side of the road, near a police station, at the request of the passenger.
Cue the young police officer.
So they managed to get an actual officer to come around and mediate. A full-time, uniformed officer who was supposed to uphold the law and keep the peace, to come and mediate an argument about bad service.
The passenger proceeded to complain to the officer, and mentioned being pushed. Upon hearing that, it was obvious the officer finally heard something somewhat relevant to his job. Apparently, the driver had pushed him, while they were both in the car.
To which the driver replied, “don’t tell lies, don’t tell roti prata”.
Wow. I’m not sure whether to laugh at how ridiculous that remark was, or get slightly offended, and then laugh at the racist undertones. Roti Prata? How did he even come up with that?
Unfortunately, before the officer could figure out exactly what was going on, the passenger walked away, presumably to the nearby hospital.
Thus concludes what was probably the biggest waste of the police officer’s time, as well as a waste of 7 mins of everyone who watched this on Facebook.
A gentle reminder of what you could accomplish in 7 mins:
- Go to the toilet
- Eat a quick breakfast
- Have a pleasant conversation with your colleague/friend/whoever
- Reply emails
- And many others
Unfortunately, you had to just sit down and watch this. Don’t blame me for making you watch it. I just wrote this. You’re the one who clicked it.
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Featured image: facebook.com
- [Video] Handsome Tourist Borrowed Guitar from Stranger on MRT, Then Play & Sing Like a Star
- YouTube Ghost Prank Video Shows S’poreans DGAF About Ghosts
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 4-Month-Old & 59YO Have Allegedly Died Due To Haze Condition In Indonesia
- 51YO Thai Woman Sent To Hospital With Cucumber Up Her Privates; Said It Was An Accident
- Mother Sells Twin Babies For $12.6k To Pay Credit Card Debts & Buy New Phone
- Tuition Teacher Rapes Student 285 Times; Says He Will Marry Her When She’s 18
- Man Marries Dead Girlfriend on Hospital Bed Before She Donates 12 Of Her Organs
- M’sian Doctor Reveals How Unhealthy Bubble Tea Is & Advises Netizens To Avoid It