Samsung made the news and garnered lots of attention from the media. For all the wrong reasons, that is.
Just last year, they had a global recall on their Galaxy Note 7 because there were reports of the device exploding while being charged.
We thought these incidents are all over but then, this happens
This new incident might spark the whole situation again as a man’s shirt catches fire when his Samsung phone burst into flames in Indonesia.
According to Channel NewsAsia, it happened to a 47-year old man, Yulianto at Hotel Ciputra Semarang on Sep 30. He is the hotel’s concierge supervisor and the incident was caught on CCTV.
Take a look at the video first:
WATCH: An Indonesian man had to rip his shirt off after his mobile phone goes up in flames.(Video: Rista Casmiaa/YouTube)
Posted by Channel NewsAsia on Thursday, 5 October 2017
He was caught off-guard, and it looked like he was hit by the superhero The Flash. The hit was so strong that he fell onto the floor.
It looks like his smartphone was in his breast pocket before it started to go bonkers.
The Daily Mail mentioned that Yulianto felt a strong sensation of heat and felt something start to shake.
He was taken by surprise (I mean who wouldn’t), but luckily for him, someone else who was near the vicinity helped him to take off his shirt.
He did not sustain any significant injuries—just minor burns.
If you guys are wondering, who was the perpetrator—no it wasn’t Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
According to the police spokesman, Agus Triatmoko, it was a Grand Duos model (predecessor of Samsung Galaxy Note 7).
As you can tell, he was not charging the phone when it decided to burst into flames. However, his WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS were on, which could have led to overheating.
The device is currently being investigated by Samsung Electronics Indonesia and by the police to boot.
It is good to know he came out of it (sort of) unscathed but let it be a reminder to all of us (even Apple users) that sometimes these devices need to cool down for a bit.
Things you can do to prevent your phone from overheating.
Don’t overcharge it.
Turn off your mobile data if you’re using WiFi.
Don’t on your Bluetooth unnecessarily—you also might get random files from other users if you keep it on.
Lower the screen brightness.
Do not leave it under direct sunlight.
And Samsung users, may the force be with you.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Samsung is Having a New Phone Called ‘Samsung Galaxy X’. No Kidding
- 10 Things You Must Know About Samsung Note 8, The Successor To The Failed Note 7
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Feature Image: channelnewsasia.com
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use