Having grown up on superhero comics, I’ve always hoped to see a real life superhero in action. Like, that would be uber cool, you know?
But of course, maturity has only led me to a single conclusion: reality doesn’t exactly work like the comic world. In short, the closest thing to a real life superhero’s on the big screen, which is ironically still 2D (unless I opt for the glasses, of course).
While the notion’s undeniably sad (in the same way you realise Santa Claus ISN’T REAL), I soon came to realise that I didn’t need to see a real life superhero in action.
They have always been around us, working tirelessly around the clock to protect our safety and well-being.
And this incident’s just one of the many that shows just how selfless these unsung heroes are.
On 28 Jan, a man was caught on camera “getting tackled” by police at Eunos Crescent Market.
He was apparently in possession of a chopper before the video was recorded.
In the video, a man can be seen shouting and moving about unstably, as several police officers stood guard.
Thereafter, the group of police officers proceeded to tackle him, pinning him to the floor and successfully arresting him.
You can watch the full video here:
Man, allegedly high on drugs, tackled by police after wielding chopper at Eunos Crescent MarketRead the full story here: https://goo.gl/DkJKuV
Posted by Stomp on Monday, 29 January 2018
Police investigations are ongoing
In response to media queries from Stomp, the police said they “received a call for assistance at 6.59pm”.
“A 60-year-old man was arrested for Possession of Offensive Weapon in a Public Place and suspected drug-related offences. Police investigations are ongoing,” the police added.
According to bystanders, the man was holding a chopper before slotting it into a plastic bag and hiding it in a nearby spot.
He was also apparently high on drugs, as he was spotted talking to himself and walking around “aimlessly”.
Some people say: “The worst enemy to face is a person without fear of dying.”
And while I certainly agree, I have to say; a person who’s thriving purely on false courage is pretty darn dangerous too.
And such is the case for this particular man, who’s believed to have inhaled drugs. Heaven knows what a man who’s in a different dimension of his own could have done.
So kudos to the police officers at the scene! And keep protecting the citizens of Singapore!
After all, you are the heroes we don’t deserve, but definitely need.
Note: this is not a sponsored post by the Police Force.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Man Attempts To Bribe Police Officer After Assaulting Person
- S’pore Elderly Stabbed His Own Arm, Then Lodge A Police Report Claiming He Was Attacked By Loansharks
- Man Lied And Told Police He’s Engaging In Incest With Sister Cuz She Objects To His New Relationship
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: Stomp
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use