Giant has one-upped NTUC FairPrice by nearing doubling their discount on eggs.
Here’s why and when this discount is happening.
$1 Discount From 21 April to Hari Raya Aidilfitri
Giant Singapore is offering a $1 discount on their Giant Farm Fresh Eggs from 21 April to Hari Raya Aidilfitri on 3 May.
The tray of 30 eggs would be sold at $6.50 instead of $7.50.
This discount will be available across all Giant Singapore stores, including its online Cart app. There’ll be a limit of two trays per customer.
“Despite rising commodity and supplier cost pressures, as well as price fluctuations due to the ongoing pandemic and global conflicts, Giant remains committed in supporting Singaporeans through these challenging times,” Giant Singapore said in a statement.
Nearly Double of FairPrice’s Discount
Giant’s announcement comes after FairPrice announced their discount on eggs yesterday.
FairPrice’s Pasar Fresh Eggs will be offered at a discounted price of $6.95 for 30 eggs. This is 55 cents cheaper than the usual $7.50.
But with Giant’s eggs selling at $6.50, it’s clear who offers the better deal.
The offer will be while stocks last, from 20 April to 27 April. It’ll be available across all FairPrice supermarket retail forms, even FairPrice Online.
Customers may purchase up to two trays of 30 eggs.
Egg Prices Rising In Recent Months
The Straits Times reported that the price of a tray of 30 eggs costs $7.50 at both Sheng Siong and FairPrice in April 2022.
It cost $7.20 in March 2022, and $6.15 in February 2022.
This is due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Russo-Ukraine war leading to rising egg prices as the cost of goods, labour and logistics rise.
Additionally, hens at local farms have been struck by Newcastle disease. It is a contagious and fatal disease that affects poultry, thus leading to a temporary decrease in egg production.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Watch this video to understand why the prices of food are increasing as the war continues:
You can also download Price Kaki, an app by the Consumers Association of Singapore, to compare the prices of goods to see what’s rising next.
- Daiso Provides New Price Table From 1 May; $2 Items Will be at $2.14
- Sheng Siong Responds to Trolley Incident As New Footage Emerges
- Woman So Triggered with Litterbugs Near Her Condo, She Online Shamed Them & Even Chased 1 of Them
- Jay Chou’s Concert Tickets Will Be Sold from 5 May with Tickets Starting From $218
Featured Image: Shutterstock / TY Lim
- NTU Graduate Who Died at 28 From Cancer Planned His Own Funeral
- “Charles & Keith Girl” Zoe Gabriel is Now an Influencer
- Here's Why Luckin Coffee, “Starbucks of China”, Quietly Coming to S’pore
- Young Couple, Including a 6-Month Pregnant Mum, Died While Travelling to Work in S’pore
- 10 Facts About Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Michelle Yeoh Movie That Took Over Oscars 2023