Giant has one-upped NTUC FairPrice by nearing doubling their discount on eggs.
Here’s why and when this discount is happening.
$1 Discount From 21 April to Hari Raya Aidilfitri
Giant Singapore is offering a $1 discount on their Giant Farm Fresh Eggs from 21 April to Hari Raya Aidilfitri on 3 May.
The tray of 30 eggs would be sold at $6.50 instead of $7.50.
This discount will be available across all Giant Singapore stores, including its online Cart app. There’ll be a limit of two trays per customer.
“Despite rising commodity and supplier cost pressures, as well as price fluctuations due to the ongoing pandemic and global conflicts, Giant remains committed in supporting Singaporeans through these challenging times,” Giant Singapore said in a statement.
Nearly Double of FairPrice’s Discount
Giant’s announcement comes after FairPrice announced their discount on eggs yesterday.
FairPrice’s Pasar Fresh Eggs will be offered at a discounted price of $6.95 for 30 eggs. This is 55 cents cheaper than the usual $7.50.
But with Giant’s eggs selling at $6.50, it’s clear who offers the better deal.
The offer will be while stocks last, from 20 April to 27 April. It’ll be available across all FairPrice supermarket retail forms, even FairPrice Online.
Customers may purchase up to two trays of 30 eggs.
Egg Prices Rising In Recent Months
The Straits Times reported that the price of a tray of 30 eggs costs $7.50 at both Sheng Siong and FairPrice in April 2022.
It cost $7.20 in March 2022, and $6.15 in February 2022.
This is due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Russo-Ukraine war leading to rising egg prices as the cost of goods, labour and logistics rise.
Additionally, hens at local farms have been struck by Newcastle disease. It is a contagious and fatal disease that affects poultry, thus leading to a temporary decrease in egg production.
Watch this video to understand why the prices of food are increasing as the war continues:
- Daiso Provides New Price Table From 1 May; $2 Items Will be at $2.14
- Sheng Siong Responds to Trolley Incident As New Footage Emerges
- Woman So Triggered with Litterbugs Near Her Condo, She Online Shamed Them & Even Chased 1 of Them
- Jay Chou’s Concert Tickets Will Be Sold from 5 May with Tickets Starting From $218
Featured Image: Shutterstock / TY Lim
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024