The long-missed Girls’ Generation is about to make a comeback this August.
And after five years, an OT8 reunion is set to take place again, just in time for their 15th anniversary.
15th Anniversary Album
On Tuesday (17 May), the group’s agency SM Entertainment confirmed that they will release a new album in August.
And they sure know how to spoil their fans.
After making fans wait for what felt like an eternity, the group will not only release new music, but also appear on various television programmes to celebrate the 15th anniversary album as well as launch a new reality show.
SM Entertainment said it would provide more details of the comeback later.
Worldwide Fame and Success
Girls’ Generation, also known as SNSD (short for So Nyuh Shi Dae), made their debut in August 2007 with the iconic single Into The New World.
To this date, they are considered a juggernaut among K-pop idol groups.
Before the likes of Blackpink and BTS, second-generation K-pop fans would know that SNSD shot the genre to fame worldwide.
Through chart-topping albums and a series of hits like Gee (2009), Genie (2009) and Lion Heart (2015), the group won the hearts of international fans.
The group also paved the way for the hallyu wave around the globe by going on world tours and American talk shows.
They later became the second female K-pop act to host a concert at Tokyo Dome, following girl group Kara.
Eight Members to Return
The upcoming album will mark SNSD’s full return as an eight-member act in nearly five years since their sixth LP, Holiday Night, in August 2017.
Following the departures of Sooyoung, Seohyun and Tiffany from SM Entertainment in 2017, the group was not active as an entire unit.
Instead, the other five members — Yoona, Taeyeon, Yuri, Sunny and Hyoyeon — renewed their contracts with the agency and continued their careers as Girls’ Generation-Oh!GG, the group’s second sub-unit.
So stay tuned for more updates and get ready to blast SNSD’s newest bop!
- 4th Fire Reported in a Week, This Time in a Bukit Merah HDB Flat With 35 People Evacuated
- China Eastern Flight MU5375 Was Reportedly Crashed Deliberately by Someone in the Plane
- Indonesian Preacher Who Has a History of Extremist Teachings Denied Entry into S’pore
- S’pore Records Highest Temperature in May at 36.7°C on 13 May; Hot Weather to Persist for the Rest of May
Featured Image: SM Entertainment
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue