Road rage is a thing, very much a thing.
It doesn’t help that both parties (or more) think they’re in the right either, which often leads to a rather stilted fight that doesn’t seem to end anytime soon.
But sometimes, sometimes, there are cases of road rage whose fault is rather apparent to a third party. And this particular incident, in which a GO-JEK Driver Uploads Video of Unreasonable Rider Who Accuses Him of Kidnap When He Did Not…
Happens to be one of them.
Just yesterday (31 Jan), a local Gojek driver by the Facebook handle of Kamaruzzaman Bin Abdul Latiff uploaded a video, in which he was shown arguing with a female passenger, onto the social media site.
Lest you can’t read, the caption states:
“After few day of thinking. I guess i better to let it out. Pax accuse me of kidnapping her just bcoz of E.R.P….. i have already make police report & report to gojek. Be care to all phv driver. Blk 251 Bishan St 22 to 1 Coleman St @ 7.10am …..how to avoid ERP? She keep telling that i trying to cheat her. I ask her tell me if she know how to avoid ERP but she cant direct me to where should i go to avoid ERP.”
And here’s a rough transcript of what the video shows, credits courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood writer over here:
- The driver was fetching the female passenger to the police station, following accusations that he was out to scam her money
- She insisted that previous drivers would ask her whether she wanted to go the route without ERP, or the one with it
- The driver then asked her for the route, but she couldn’t provide it
- She then defended herself, saying that the driver knew the route and was taking another way on purpose
- The driver stated he would not claim a single cent from the passenger, and the passenger reciprocated the notion
- The driver asked her to claim for a refund from GO-JEK
- The driver then said: “You should take bus, cheaper.”
- The driver said he would report the incident to the police and the Land Transport Authority, and suggested that the woman do likewise
– Technical break to soothe your emotions for a bit –
- At this point, the woman moved to the other side of the back seat, in a bid to avoid the camera. When asked why, she said that he had no right to video her, even though she was videoing him too
- The woman then got on the phone and accused the driver of being “dangerous”
- It is unclear who the woman on the end of the line was, but she might have been a kin member
- The passenger then blasted the phone on loudspeaker and asked the driver to talk to the phone
- The person on the line told the driver she had the passenger’s GPS location noted down
- The driver reiterated that he was going to the police station in Toa Payoh
- The woman on the phone then expressed that the driver “ have no right to take her hostage”
- Once they reached a location the driver thought was the police station, the woman started requesting for help and saying she had been kidnapped
- The driver then talked to a police officer, who wasn’t in the camera’s view
- The driver began explaining the situation
- The police then told the driver he was not at the police station and directed him there
- The woman then tried to exit the vehicle but the door was locked
- At this point she went hysterical, screaming “He lock the door!”
- When she got out, she accused him of locking the door and taking her hostage
- The driver and the police then tried to explain to her that the door locks automatically, but she didn’t seem to be absorbing any of it
- The woman then ended up shouting: “Is it because I am Chinese?” This assumption might have arisen because the other police officer seems to be of the same ethnicity as the driver
As for the full video, you can view it down below (or tap here):
After few day of thinking. I guess i better to let it out. Pax accuse me of kidnapping her just bcoz of E.R.P….. i have already make police report & report to gojek. Be care to all phv driver. Blk 251 Bishan St 22 to 1 Coleman St @ 7.10am …..how to avoid ERP? She keep telling that i trying to cheat her. I ask her tell me if she know how to avoid ERP but she cant direct me to where should i go to avoid ERP.
Posted by Kamaruzzaman Bin Abdul Latiff on Thursday, 31 January 2019
Aftermath of Event
So, what happened after that? Did they finally realise how the car door works?
Well, according to the driver, the lady took a cab instead.
In case you can’t read:
Ok…when i reach AETOS STATION she making alot of noise till Cisco officer talk to her. She quickly hail a cab (Trancab) trying to get away but stop by Cisco officer. They ask her for paticular but she rufese to give them. So cisco advice me to make a report as they will also have thier own report n tell me i can come over if i need any help from them.
Netizens air their opinions
Just like how you can always count on Spiderman to save the day, you can always count on our friendly Netizens to arrive in full force when something like this pops up. And it seems that on this particular occasion…
We’re not disappointed.
Others even weighed in with jokes:
With one of them taking the entire cake:
Now that’s one horror movie I think we’ll all like to watch.
All in all…
It seems that it’s a day to forget for both the driver and passenger, though with the number of burns in the comments section…
We have a feeling that the passenger won’t be able to forget about it for some time.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Baby Drinks 1.5 Litres Of Coffee Every Day As Parents Can‘t Afford Milk
- #FastFoodFriday: Burger King’s Bulgogi Chicken Review: More like Bugouji (不够鸡)
- Woman Suffered Terrible Rash On Body After Three Months of Working Late
- 25YO Man Avoids Peeing After Night of Heavy Drinking; Wakes Up With Ruptured Bladder
- M’sian Who Drank at Least 2 Soft Drinks Every Day Almost Loses Arm
- The Number of Times A Person Has To Poop A Day Based On Statistics