Nowadays, phone zombies are such a regular sight that we rarely see the old “kampong spirit” manifesting.
However, everyday acts of kindness remind us that the Singaporean community is still united (as much as our eyes are glued to the screens ahem).
Passers-By Rushed to Help After Passenger’s Wheelchair Got Stuck in MRT Platform Gap
In a video posted on TikTok by @sakil1511, many passers-by can be seen aiding a lady in a wheelchair. The front wheels of her wheelchair were trapped in the MRT platform gap.
The woman had both legs amputated from the knee down. She was seen holding on to a passenger to avoid falling while a few passengers were trying to lift the chair out of the gap. While this unfolded, some were holding the train doors open.
Many passengers put down their items, like their bags or drinks, and joined the aid. The passengers could be heard discussing amongst themselves, probably on how to extract the chair leg.
In the background, an SMRT operator was speaking on a walkie-talkie.
After the incident, some still checked the lady’s condition.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Here is the original TikTok video of the incident:
@sakil1511♬ Sad Music – Max-Music
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Caring Commuter Award
For helping the commuter, these passengers can be nominated for the Caring Commuter Award.
The award recognises commuters who have shown care and concern for others in need while commuting on public transport.
Jointly launched by the Public Transport Council and Singapore Kindness Movement in 2019, the award is presented as part of the Caring SG Commuters movement.
If you’re impressed with their actions, nominate them for the award when the next nomination period opens.
As expected, many users praised the people involved for their proactive demonstration of care.
One user even mentioned his gratitude for having all his limbs.
It’s truly heartwarming to see selfless acts of concern in our everyday lives.
- More M’sians Might Be Coming to S’pore to Work in the Coming Months
- FairPrice Giving $6 Vouchers When People Spend At Least $55 Worth of CDC Vouchers in Their Outlets
- Diner Found Half of a Cockroach in Tau Kwa & Hawker Blamed It on Supplier
- Netizens Debated Over $29 Biryani in Gardens By the Bay New Dinosaur-Themed Food Court
- Uncle Got Into Dispute With Bus Driver Due to a Single Honk
Featured Image: TikTok (@sakil1511)
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee