For most of us, we’re probably still in our “New Year, New Me” mood.
Which most likely involves us trying to be “better” people, whatever that may mean for you.
But it seems like this uncle who got into a dispute with a bus driver at around 11 am on New Year’s Day (1 January) this year probably didn’t get the “New Year, New Me” memo.
The incident, which took place at the bus stop near Punggol View Primary School, was later exposed when a reader contacted Shin Min Daily News to talk about her experience as a passenger on that bus.
It was also revealed that one of the passengers on the bus eventually lodged a police report.
Here’s what happened.
Toyota Driver Blocked Bus from Stopping at Bus Stop, Continued to Block Bus After Commuters Boarded
When speaking to Shin Min, the passenger named Ms Guo recalled how she was on Bus 382G, a Go-Ahead bus, at the time of the incident.
Ms Guo, who was travelling to Punggol Bus Interchange, said that the bus was unable to stop at the bus stop near Punggol View Primary School as a Toyota car was parked in the bus lane.
Upon seeing this, the bus driver honked at the Toyota driver to remind the latter to move his car forward, but the Toyota driver did not move his car at all, even after one to two minutes.
She added that two commuters were waiting for the bus at the bus stop. The two commuters had apparently complained to the Toyota driver about his actions before boarding the bus.
However, even after the two commuters boarded the bus, he still refused to move his car and only moved it forward slightly. This meant that the bus driver could not drive away from the bus stop.
Toyota Driver Stopped Car in Middle of Road and Got Out of it After a While to Confront Driver
Around a minute after the abovementioned incident, the Toyota driver (finally) moved his car. He drove it forward so that it was around 100m away from the bus stop.
However, that’s not all.
After driving his car forward, the Toyota driver suddenly stopped in the middle of the road and got out of his car to confront the bus driver.
According to the video filmed by Ms Guo, a man in his 60s got out of his car and started gesturing at the bus driver. His hand gestures made it look like he was questioning the bus driver.
When he saw passengers filming his actions, the Toyota driver made some indecent hand gestures at them. He also took his phone out and started recording the bus driver and passengers as well.
After a while, he returned to his car and started driving at an extremely slow pace.
Toyota Driver Continued to Try and Block Bus Even at Traffic Light
After trying to “confront” the driver, the Toyota driver continued to drive at a snail’s pace.
This continued until the two vehicles reached a traffic light, where the Toyota driver refused to drive even after the traffic light had turned green and continued to block the bus driver from driving.
He only drove away a few minutes after the traffic light turned green.
- You Can’t Use Your CDC Vouchers in Giant & Cold Storage Outlets
- More M’sians Might Be Coming to S’pore to Work in the Coming Months
- FairPrice Giving $6 Vouchers When People Spend At Least $55 Worth of CDC Vouchers in Their Outlets
- Diner Found Half of a Cockroach in Tau Kwa & Hawker Blamed It on Supplier
- Netizens Debated Over $29 Biryani in Gardens By the Bay New Dinosaur-Themed Food Court
Featured Image: Shin Min Daily News + Bus Interchange.net
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake