In the past, people were assuming that Tampines was the most populated area in Singapore because there’re three shopping malls there, according to one of the writers in the office. I know, #illogical logic.
However, this is not true at all. Not because Jurong East now has more shopping malls, but because the number of malls does not correlate with the number of residents in an area.
Check out the list below to find out some of the most populated areas in Singapore.
1. The Central Region: Bukit Merah
Bukit Merah is the most populated area in the Central region with a population of 939,890 and a land area of 132.7km square. Other than the Bukit Merah Laketown Resort, Bukit Merah also has some of the food stalls that are loved by many Singaporeans, causing it to be visited by people all over the country.
2. In the North Region: Woodlands
Not surprising, isn’t it? You’d have known at least one person who stays in Woodlands. Woodlands is the most populated area in the North region with a population of 531,869 and a land area of 134.5km square. You will know how crowded it is in Woodlands when you go to Causeway point, which is a mall next to Woodlands MRT Station. Being the only shopping mall in Woodlands, it is visited by residents all over Woodlands, causing the mall to be packed every day.
3. In the West Region: Jurong East
Jurong East is the most populated area in the West region with a population of 903,010 and a land area of 201.3km square. You will know how crowded Jurong East is when you take the MRT train from there. Also, there are more shopping malls being built in Jurong East over the years such as West Gate and Jem, probably to facilitate the large population there.
4. In the East region: Bedok
Bedok is the most populated area in the East with a population of 693,500 and a land area of 93.1km square. And yes, Bedok is more populated than Tampines. There are also more shops and shopping malls in Bedok over the years so Tampines is not the only area that has 3 shopping malls.
5. In the North-East Region: Hougang
Hougang is the most populated area in the North-east region with a population of 834,450 and a land area of 103.9km square. Hougang is an area that is always bustling with activities like pasar malams beside the MRT station and Hougang mall is always crowded with students. It is also known for having Snorlax and other rare Pokemon around.
So, in other words, the most populated area is technically Bukit Merah, since it houses almost 1/5 of Singapore’s population. Bet you weren’t expecting that, eh?
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Why S’pore Should Pay the Bills for All COVID-19 Patients, Including Foreigners or Even Martians
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- More Info About Patient 31 in South Korea Emerges & People Are Now Calling Her ‘Crazy Ajumma’
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 2 Young Doctors From Hubei Died from COVID-19; Touching Interviews with Loved Ones Show Their Courage