How does one identify real products from the fake ones? This has been the biggest question and issue ever since people started manufacturing fakes of real luxury products.
What if the problem was flipped? What happens if the “fake” was a luxury product, and the “real” thing was a cheap, mass-produced product?
Who becomes the fake one?
Of course, those questions were probably not on people’s minds when they saw Balenciaga’s new large shopper’s tote bag, selling at almost USD$2,150.
They were probably just thinking about how similar it looked when compared to IKEA’s iconic large shopping tote bag, which costs about $0.99.
You know your design succeeded when even high-brow fashion designers “reference” your mass-produced product.
IKEA, however, released an ad to aid shoppers in differentiating the real from the fake, thereby claiming the label of being the “real” thing before Balenciaga can.
Easiest way to identify: the signature rustle of the IKEA bag. It rustles, it’s the real thing.
And if you read on, it seems IKEA’s FRAKTA tote bag has quite a few advantages over the Balenciaga luxury tote.
It could carry more things, like bricks or even water, for one thing. It can also be cleaned with a garden hose, packed into a size smaller than a purse, and costs just about a dollar.
What’s next, Balenciaga? White leather versions of NTUC plastic bags?
Since you’re here, why not check out Goody Feed’s YouTube videos as well? They’re so Singaporean, I bet you’ll like them!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- The Complete Guide to Buying Furniture from Taobao at a Crazily Low Price
- Limited Tickets: All-In Fares to Hong Kong from S$199 with Your DBS/POSB Card!
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too