Just a few days ago, Telok Blangah residents welcomed a MasterChef Singapore’s finalist to their hood for his mee hoon kway store.
Now over at SengKang, the residents also have something to rejoice too.
Popular King of Fried Rice Opens 2nd Outlet in Sengkang; Food Supposedly As Good As DTF
Yeap, the famous King of Fried Rice now has a 2nd outlet over there.
The fried rice store which gathered long queues at their Golden Mile Tower branch is now at Sengkang Kopitiam Square.
The 2nd outlet welcomed its fans on 30 Aug 2020 and you guessed it, long queues were also forming over at the new outlet in Sengkang.
So much so that King of Fried Rice informed their fans on Facebook on the long wait too:
Why Presidential Election 2023 Will Start from June 2023 After President Halimah’s Announcemen:
Tastes as good as Ding Tai Feng’s fried rice
King of Fried Rice has won many foodies’ hearts over the years, with many fans raving over their food.
The wok hey taste, its smooth buttery rice etc.
In fact, it’s so good it’s been touted as the (cheaper) alternative to Din Tai Fung, which many adored for their egg fried rice.
Here Are Some Mouth-Watering Images Of Their Fried Rice:
It’s never a complete meal unless the meat’s as much as the rice.
If you suspect the chicken to be a gimmick, let’s strip down to the basics.
As you can tell, the fried rice is all the same but the accompaniments are the ones that make up the price differences:
- Egg fried rice (Pork cutlet) – $6.50
- Egg fried rice (Shrimps) – $6.50
- Egg fried rice (Shrimps with Tobiko) – $7.50
Here’s the menu for their Golden Mile Tower branch if you decide, ultimately, that old is gold:
It’s been rumoured that a person could wait for as long as 2 hours if things got too busy
King of Fried Rice
- Address: Sengkang Kopitiam Square, 10 Sengkang Square, Stall 48, Singapore 544829
- Opening hours: Opens daily from 11.30am to 10pm
Now that we’ve seen some properly cooked fried rice, how about some improperly-cooked ones?
- S’pore Turf Club Closing Down For Good; Here’s What You Need to Know
- Multiple Complaints Raised Against Eunos Coffee Shop For Ridiculous Drink Prices
- Bedok Hair Salon Launches “Buy Durians Get Haircut Free” Promotion
- Drivers Caught Cutting Queue at JB Customs Will Be Sent Back to S’pore
- Local Plumber Said Licensed Plumbers in S’pore Can Earn Over $10K Monthly