Last Updated on 2023-03-30 , 9:09 am
You would think that holding a pair of chopsticks is common sense, but did you know that there is a right way to hold a chopstick?
In fact, there are tutorials on YouTube teach people the right way to hold one.
Albeit those tutorials are mostly targeted at foreigners who do not use chopstick often, some of us might be looking at the videos to see if the way we usually hold a chopstick is right or wrong.
So what is the right way to hold a chopstick?
Step 1: Hold the upper chopstick like a pencil. The chopstick should be held one-third of the way from the top and rest the chopstick against the forefinger of your middle finger.
The top of your thumb should be pressed against the chopstick holding it in place.
Step 2: Place the lower chopstick against your ring finger. The second chopstick should point in the same direction as the first and that the tips should be evenly aligned.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Step 3: Open the chopsticks with your middle finger. Press up on the upper chopstick using the top.
Your index finger will also move with the chopstick and middle finger.
Step 4: Close the chopsticks with your index fingers. Press down on the upper chopstick using the top portion of your index finger, drawing the two tips back together.
Your middle finger will also move along with the chopstick and index finger.
Step 5: Keep the thumb fairly still. The thumb should be held straight, rather than bent at the knuckle. Your lower chopstick should also remain still throughout the process.
Now, if you’re too lazy to read every single word here,
Watch The Tutorial Video Instead
Here’s a YouTube tutorial by BuzzFeed (yeah, ang mo website, of course!) for you to follow and check if you’re holding chopsticks the right way.
In my opinion, if you using the chopstick is different from others, it doesn’t matter. So long as you are able to eat your food comfortably, you’re holding it the right way.
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee