This’s one whole new level of stealing.
Last month, a Facebook user wrote a post about her grandma’s experience in a polyclinic at Queenstown. Apparently, a man had somehow managed to convince the grandma to take a drug known as Zopiclone, which is a sleeping pill that’s usually used for short-term treatment of insomnia.
After the grandma consumed it, she went into “a daze” and the man took the chance to steal cash and valuables from her.
Late last month, it was revealed that he had stolen from other people as well.
And today, we got to learn that he was using the same modus operandi all along.
MO: Drug Old People & Steal from Them
The accused, 58-year-old Oh Koon Shin, is being charged today for two more incidents.
In the first incident, he did the exact same thing, this time in an open area at Jurong East. On 31 August 2019, he managed to convince a woman to down the same drug too, and then stole from her.
One week later, he gave the drug to yet another woman in Queensway, and carried his crime like a parrot.
It was his third attempt in Queenstown Polyclinic that caused him to be caught, and also when the Facebook post went viral.
If that’s confusing, here’s a timeline of his infamous crimes:
- 31 Aug: Drug woman in Jurong East HDB estate
- 6 Sept: Drug woman in Queensway
- 9 Sept: Drug woman in Queenstown Polyclinic (leading to the viral Facebook post)
Moral of the story?
If you think you’re lucky enough not to be caught on your first attempt, don’t think Ah Gong isn’t watching.
Wait—you shouldn’t even think of committing any crime in the first place.
Oh can’t be caned as he’s above 50 years old. But for drugging a person to commit theft, he could be jailed for up to 10 years and fined.
He’d better hope he has good GPA.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill