Electronic devices blowing up is alarming. Not unheard of, yes, but still alarming.
Ever since the Galaxy Note 8 devices started blowing up, people are now concerned about whether their devices will be next.
And for one man, his nightmare actually came true.
MacBook Pro “Blew Up”
On 21 June 2019, a man living in Florida, Steve Gagne took to Facebook and went viral. But it’s not his handsome face that’s alarming.
It’s what he has to say and the following few pictures that made people sit up and pay attention.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we’re looking at a silver, sleek MacBook Pro that got fried. Literally.
It Happened At Night
Here’s what he claimed happened.
He was in bed on a Monday night when his MacBook Pro “blew” with a “sound”. His laptop caught on fire and filled his house with smoke.
He clarified that at that time, his laptop was unplugged, the screen was closed and it was in sleep mode.
Thankfully, he had left his laptop on the coffee table instead of on his couch or in a basket with notebooks and journals.
He urged other MacBook Pro users to double-check their serial numbers and see if their devices are at risk of getting caught on fire.
Apple Recalls Selected MacBook Pro Laptops Made in Mid-2015 Due To Battery Issue
Back on 21 June, Apple told the world that a “limited number” of 15-inch MacBook Pro units might contain batteries that may overheat.
They clarified that these units were mostly sold between September 2015 and February 2017. Apple will be giving a free battery replacement for all affected units.
How To Check
The first step, make sure that the 15-inch MacBook Pro is one of the affected units.
Choose “About This Mac” from the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of the screen. If your model is MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), go to this website and enter your serial number.
And if the results come out positive? Stop using it.
How To Get Your Battery Replaced
Now, don’t cheat because they’ll check your MacBook Pro before doing anything to your laptop.
You can either:
- Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store.
- Contact Apple Support to arrange mail-in service via the Apple Repair Center.
But in Singapore, unlike the past, we now have a huge Apple Store smack dab in the middle of town.
It’s a safe bet to say that you shouldn’t have any issue rectifying the situation if you suay suay have such an issue.
Apple added that battery replacement normally takes one to two weeks. By the way, your warranty will not be extended.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 4-Month-Old & 59YO Have Allegedly Died Due To Haze Condition In Indonesia
- 51YO Thai Woman Sent To Hospital With Cucumber Up Her Privates; Said It Was An Accident
- Mother Sells Twin Babies For $12.6k To Pay Credit Card Debts & Buy New Phone
- Tuition Teacher Rapes Student 285 Times; Says He Will Marry Her When She’s 18
- Man Marries Dead Girlfriend on Hospital Bed Before She Donates 12 Of Her Organs
- M’sian Doctor Reveals How Unhealthy Bubble Tea Is & Advises Netizens To Avoid It