Last Sunday (3 July), Taiwanese singer Miu Chu succumbed to breast cancer, at the age of 40.
Her family confirmed her passing in a Facebook post on Monday.
Who was Miu Chu?
Miu was the champion of the third season of Super Idol, a Taiwanese music competition that happened in 2009.
She has been radio silent on her social media accounts since 23 April, her last Instagram post used to spread awareness for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) Day.
14 weeks prior to her passing, she also posted a black-and-white image of her intravenous drips, evidently still waging a battle against her cancer.
The first time she revealed her medical condition to the public was January of last year, during a press conference for her album Seize the Day, as reported by the Epoch Times.
Back then, she had said, “Imperfections in life can also be perfect if you see it from a different angle. It allows me to understand the importance of health and allows me to face everything with courage.”
The singer also participated in a Pink Ribbon event organised during Breast Cancer Awareness Month last year, and shared her own thoughts and experience on Instagram.
“Regardless of age, always be mindful of your body,” Miu wrote. “Take good care of it and it will repay you with health and energy.”
“Over the years, I have attended some charity events, but today’s occasion is the first time it really feels close to my heart. I am a girl who loves to perform. I am a singer, I am part of Pink Ribbon.”
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
The Facebook Post
A statement from Li Jing’s family
Thanking everyone for their concern~
Zhu Li Jing, MIU, who was always laughing and full of joy, who used her voice to fill everyone with positive energy, has quietly left us on 3 July.
Towards her work, towards her life, she has always been extremely hardworking. Due to her departure, her family is still in the throes of grief, and have a lot of matters to settle. [We] kindly ask the media outlets and reporters to give the family more time and space.
[We] know that everyone must have a lot of words to say to MIU. We will announce the specific details for the memorial service soon, thank you for your understanding and patience!
According to Apple Daily Taiwan, an image of what seemed to be a contract signed between her and a funeral service company was uploaded briefly on her Instagram a week ago, except it was swiftly deleted.
You’ve fought long and hard, rest in peace, Miu.
- MOH Confirms First Death of an 18-Month S’porean Toddler Due to COVID-19
- Popular Minecraft YouTuber Technoblade Dies of Cancer at Age 23
- 11-Year-Old Bedok Point Has Officially Closed Down & Will be Redeveloped
- McDonald’s Orders at Elias Mall Left Uncollected as Riders Allegedly Boycott the Outlet
Featured Image: Instagram (@immiuc)
How much cash are you getting in December 2023 from the Government? Here are the facts simplified for you:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023