Carpark fees can be really pricey and let us all agree on this – most Singaporeans would compare prices of all nearby carparks before deciding on where they would be parking their vehicles.
Honestly, I would highly recommend you to do that as well, otherwise, you will end up like this guy here.
$21.40 For 2 Hours Midnight Parking
A Facebook user by the name Rishi Budhrani had recently posted on Facebook to warn others of the hefty midnight charge of Paya Lebar Quarter (PLQ) mall.
According to his post, Rishi was there to check out the new mall for supper, however, he was shocked by a total of $21.40 parking fee when he left the mall.
Rishi had also stated that he was only in the mall for 2 hours, and the fee was not due to overnight parking.
Rishi had also listed a number of things you can buy with $21.40, if you’re curious, here it is:
Netizens Pointed Out That It’s PLQ2
However, a few netizens have pointed out that Rishi may have parked at PLQ 2 instead of PLQ mall.
A Facebook user also posted a snapshot of PLQ mall parking charges and called it “humane charges”.
However, Rishi did clarify that his purpose of the post was to warn others about the parking charges and that he has since updated his post to inform others that the carpark that he had parked at was PLQ 2, not PLQ mall itself.
According to Mothership, the General Manager of PLQ mall had responded to the issue.
The General Manager had stated that the overnight charge of $21.40 is for PLQ 1 and PLQ 2, which are office towers, and that the overnight parking for PLQ mall is $3 for motor vehicles and $1.50 for motorbikes.
He also mentioned that they will be monitoring the situation and will make necessary changes if required.
So, to those who are planning to head over to PLQ for some supper, just make sure you don’t enter the wrong carpark like Rishi.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- SMU & NUS Residences Also Used for Quarantine Proposes; Some Students Allegedly Not Happy With The Move
- Taiwanese With Wuhan Virus Hid Symptoms & Went to Taiwan Nightclub; Fined SGD$13.5K
- Singer Participates In Competition To Pay Mum’s Medical Bills; Finds Out She Passed Away During Her Performance
- MOH Says 4th Wuhan Virus Patient Has Been on Public Transport, VivoCity & USS But Risk of Infection is Low
- Hong Kong Protestors Set Fire On Building Meant for Quarantine Proposes
- S’pore Government Debunks 3 Misinformation About Wuhan Virus Status in S’pore