If you’re like almost everybody in Singapore, you probably know about Tenderfresh but don’t really talk about it much.
Like many local restaurant chains started their humble beginnings in a Kopitiam. And then it is now everywhere after being famous for chicken that is tender and fresh. Duh.
But maybe it is time to talk about their new Tenderbest outlet in Bedok Point that’s not only offering their signature local Western cuisine.
Here’s why they call themselves best
You probably already know about their fried and roast chicken that needs no introduction.
You also probably already know that they are Halal.
But what you don’t know is that Tenderbest Makcik Market is also offering local classics, Zi Char, and local fusion food.
They are actually a collaboration between Tenderfresh, Asyura Paste and Mr Teh Tarik. But they are also using menu items from all over the island.
Roti John, mixed with Mala.
Nasi Lemak made even more lemak with Tempura, which is actually from Nasi Coco.
Popiahs that look like modern sushi rolls, but are actually Gado Gado and Rojak. Actually from Hawkerman.
Not to say they don’t have other classics.
Even the Pisang Goreng is Instagram worthy now.
Just because they Halal, don’t think they only serve Malay desserts. They have Cheng Tng too.
And because they know you can’t get enough of Bubble Tea, they partnered with Mr Teh Tarik to bring you local Bubble Tea… aka Teh Tarik.
I think you can see a theme here. They aren’t very creative with their names. So obviously Tenderbest will be serving food that is tender and best lah, duh.
They also aren’t very good with Mandarin since 可爱鸡 means cute chicken but that’s another matter.
Prices are kept affordable with NO service charge.
But don’t think it’s only lunch or dinner. Here’s another item I spotted from their menu:
Step away, McDonald’s. Here’s where my new big breakfast is at.
If you’re not enticed yet, their menu is a full 16 pages of foodgasm.
Don’t say Bojio
They are also doing a giveaway of S$50 meal vouchers to 2 lucky participants, which you can participate on their Facebook page here.
I think I’m convinced enough to be lured away from Geylang Serai Bazaar for now.
Tenderbest Makcik Market
- Address: Bedok Point, 799 New Upper Changi Rd, #02-01, Singapore 467351
- Operation Hours: 11am-10pm Daily
- Contact: 6755 6900
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia