Now, if you’re still irate from the increase in HDB/URA parking fees, here’s one more reason for you to get even angrier.
In an effort to deter drivers from lingering in public car parks that have high demand during certain periods, 22 HDB car parks will increase their prices from 10 cents to 20 cents, depending on the location of the car parks.
To be fair, the reason for the increase is justifiable, from someone who drives: parking at certain areas, especially places with a hawker centre or coffeeshop nearby, is a pain in the butt during certain timings: they’re often full and packed with cars waiting for lots.
Here’s the list for your reference:
This only affects car parks with Electronic Parking System (EPS). According to the HDB website, this is to encourage “higher vehicle turnover so that more motorists can park at these car parks. Season parking holders are unaffected by the peak-hour parking charges.”
But here’s my gold question: why isn’t the open car park beside Clementi MRT Station affected? For all I can remember, there’s always a long queue there regardless of what period.
Now, don’t throw rotten eggs when I say this: HDB, can you also include the one in Clementi?
Featured Image: PK.pawaris / Shutterstock.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- It’s official: In Dec, HDB / URA car park fees will increase. Here’s the amount
- 5 craziest HDB multi-storey car parks that most newbies have fallen victim to before
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- SMU & NUS Residences Also Used for Quarantine Proposes; Some Students Allegedly Not Happy With The Move
- Taiwanese With Wuhan Virus Hid Symptoms & Went to Taiwan Nightclub; Fined SGD$13.5K
- Singer Participates In Competition To Pay Mum’s Medical Bills; Finds Out She Passed Away During Her Performance
- MOH Says 4th Wuhan Virus Patient Has Been on Public Transport, VivoCity & USS But Risk of Infection is Low
- Hong Kong Protestors Set Fire On Building Meant for Quarantine Proposes
- S’pore Government Debunks 3 Misinformation About Wuhan Virus Status in S’pore