Yet another tragedy involving Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs) has struck.
3 People Fainted From a PMD Fire in the Living Room, Rescued by SCDF
On 9 March, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) responded to a fire that happened in a fourth-floor HDB flat in Bedok.
The family was charging a PMD in the living room that caught on fire. By the time SCDF arrived, a man had evacuated the unit with a baby while three other people were still in the house.
The firefighters had to rescue the three unconscious people, and one of the three was not breathing. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) was immediately conducted on her by the SCDF Emergency Medical Services personnel at the scene before she was conveyed to Changi General Hospital.
Most of us thought that this would be the end of the tragedy, but an update this morning proved otherwise.
One of Three Rescued Has Died, Family Receiving Assistance
In a tragic turn of events, one of the three who was rescued has died.
Deputy Prime Minister and MP for East Coast GRC Heng Swee Keat visited the family on 10 March and was saddened to hear the news.
His team is giving the family all necessary assistance, like having a temporary place to stay and getting essential items.
DPM Heng also checked in on neighbouring units, who were evacuated during the fire and are doing fine.
He stated that this incident brought out the community’s kampung spirit. However, it also serves as a reminder to all about the fire risk of PMDs.
This is an echo of the SCDF’s Facebook post, which mentioned that “non-UL2272 PMDs and any form of modifications to PMDs pose a fire risk and threaten public safety”. The SCDF encouraged those who own such devices to dispose of them at appropriate recyclers.
- Kuehs From 2 Manufacturers Recalled After Benzoic Acid Was Detected in Them
- Ukraine President Says He’s No Longer Pressing for NATO Membership & Here’s Why It’s a Big Development
- How the Idea of ‘Tagging’ 1 Person to 1 Family Doctor in S’pore Will Work from 2023
- Employers That Insist on Having MC for COVID-19 Infections May Have Work Pass Privileges Suspended
Featured Image: Facebook (Singapore Civil Defence Force)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast