Round 2 of the Omicron wave is probably here.
There’s nothing quite as telling as three important political figures going down for the count, namely: President Halimah Yacob, Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin, and Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Edwin Tong.
All three in the same week too.
COVID-19 Symptom Update
On Monday (4 July), the President made a Facebook post, writing, “Just tested positive for COVID-19 with mild flu-like symptoms. Thankfully, I have been vaccinated and boosted. I hope to recover soon and am sorry to have the events this week.”
There was supposed to be a President’s Award Presentation Ceremony scheduled on Tuesday, but it has been postponed to another date which has yet to be decided.
Similarly on Monday, Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin also announced on Facebook that he tested positive for COVID-19.
“Confirm Tio. All good things must come to an end. My COVID-free days are over.”
He took an antigen rapid test (ART) before Monday’s parliament sitting, and lo and behold, it came back positive.
Therefore, he will be missing both days of the current Parliament sitting.
Speaker Tan takes it in his stride though, saying that while his slight flu persists, he has tested negative for ART and he’s currently on the mend.
He crosses his fingers and hopes for the best, hoping that he’ll recover soon.
Then, like with any other government official, he issues a PSA and preaches about the importance of getting vaccination and booster shots.
In his Facebook post, Speaker Tan also apologised for missing his Meet-the-People session on Monday evening, as well as events and appointments for the next few days.
Since antigen rapid tests are mandatory before any parliament sitting, Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Edwin Tong learned that he has come down with an infection as well.
As such, Minister of State for Culture, Community and Youth Alvin Tan has requested for the deferment of some parliamentary questions to Tuesday, or to the sitting in August, if Mr Tong is unable to show up on Tuesday.
To anyone who has caught COVID-19 (touchwood), get well soon!
- Everything About the Copenhagen Mall Shooting That’s Known So Far
- Man Fined After Lying That He Has COVID-19 to Skip an NTU Research Study
- Landlord Allegedly Locked Tenant in House After She Claimed That Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars Were Missing
- China State-Owned TV Deleted Jacky Cheung’s Message for the 25th Anniversary of Hong Kong’s Handover to China
Featured Images: Istana & YouTube (MCI)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death