We might now be familiar with police officers arresting Sovereigns who refuse to wear a mask, but today, the men and women in blue were doing what they had signed up to do: catching a criminal.
Because as you read this article, many of them are combing areas to find a murder.
Police Now on Manhunt for Murder That Took Place Last Night (10 May)
Yesterday night, a murder apparently took place at Punggol Field.
Lest you’re not aware, Punggol Field isn’t a playfield but a stretch of road in Punggol that’s near Punggol MRT Station.
According to the police, at about 11pm yesterday (10 May 2020), a 38-year-old man was found injured along Punggol Field. He was taken to Sengkang General Hospital and succumbed to his injuries there.
The man was allegedly stabbed and had yelled for help. A witness told The Straits Times that the victim was kneeling, then stood up and walked to the back of a bus stop before he collapsed on the grass patch.
Follow us on Telegram for more informative & easy-to-read articles, or download the Goody Feed app for articles you can’t find on Facebook!
The entire area surrounding the man was then covered in blood, and there was a deep cut on the right side of his armpit.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
According to the witness, the victim appeared to be jogging as he was wearing a soccer jersey and running shoes.
More Police Presence in the Area
The police are now on a manhunt for the murderer, and the MP for the area, Sun Xueling, said that she has asked the police to step up patrols in the vicinity, and encouraged people who have more information to contact the authorities.
Other than police officers working on overdrive to find the murder, the Gurkha appears to be been activated to comb the grassy area, too.
The road where the incident happened has been cordoned off as well.
Second Stabbing Incident This Month
Just a week ago, on 4 May 2020, a man who has a history in IMH had stabbed an NParks safe-distancing officer after the officer found that he wasn’t wearing a mask.
The man escaped with his bicycle but was caught within 90 minutes by the police.
The 61-year-old, Ahirrudin Al-Had Haji Arrifin, is now remanded in IMH for psychiatric assessment for three weeks.
Fortunately, the man he stabbed survived the attack. Ahirrudin was therefore charged for attempt murder instead of murder.
To stay in the loop about news in Singapore, you might want to subscribe to our YouTube channel whereby we’d update you about what’s happening here daily:
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee