Remember this Just-Drink Milk Tea? This Milk Tea in a Shampoo took Singapore by storm, and when it was first available on the shelves of 7-eleven, the stores carrying this milk tea ran out of stock almost immediately.
The drink is said to be creamier and smoother compared to other bottled milk tea on the market.
The popular drink has taken the headlines again. Unfortunately, this time for a bad reason.
Recalled by AVA for unpermitted food additive
According to a report on Straits Times, the popular milk tea was recalled because it contains L-theanine, a food additive that is not permitted under the Food Regulations of Singapore.
An organic compound found in certain plants, it’s said to have calming properties and is often used in green tea products.
However, there’s no food safety risk
Now, before you go panicking and wondering what’s going to happen to you, AVA stated that there are no health risks associated with the organic compound.
“There is no food safety risk associated with the recalled products,” said AVA. “While there is no food safety risk, consumers who have consumed this product and have any health concerns can consult your doctor or seek medical advice,” AVA added. – Straits Times
Initial Tests Incomplete
According to Straits Times, it was revealed that initial food tests for the drink was incomplete and AVA came across these findings after conducting another food safety test for the product.
All 7-Eleven stores carrying the product were ordered to stop sales of the drink effective Monday (22 Aug 2016).
About a million bottles (~$2 million) of milk tea has been sold in Singapore thus far.
The brand’s other flavour, latte, will continue to be sold at 7-Eleven.
Featured Image: straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too