Oh man, does anymore remember their first part-time job?
Most of us were probably at Food and Beverage establishments, undoubtedly because they were the easiest jobs to get and pretty flexible enough to squeeze into a student’s schedule.
Busting our asses at bubble tea shops or busy fast food chains just for some extra allowance money… sobs
But if you look hard enough, some places offer pay rates slightly higher than the standard marketplace rate.
$15/h Part Time
Yes. $15. That’s a good amount of money to go out with your best friends for a filling after-school meal.
Who’s the dashing establishment that’s turning heads? In a Reddit post on 19 Feb, a Redditor uploaded a picture of the restaurant’s banner.
Located at various locations around Singapore, Tai Er (TAI ER太二酸菜鱼) has graciously offered a very competitive salary of $15/h for part-time, $3,250 for full-time Dishwashers and Service Crew, and many more.
Here's Why We Might Not Need to Vote in Presidential Election 2023 After Tharman’s Announcement:
$3,000?? That’s the starting salary for some fresh university graduates. Ouch.
If you are wondering what kind of Chinese cuisine this restaurant serves, they specialise in Szechuan cuisine, and a look through their Facebook and Instagram will let you know you’ll need to be prepared to carry some slightly heavy dishes.
Interested applicants are probably already prepared for that. They might even be running to secure a spot.
View this post on Instagram
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Better Pay For Sure
Back to the Reddit post, some commentators shared the pay rates of other food establishments, while others lamented their pay rates back when they were working as students.
Some even noticed that the pay gap between the head chef and other restaurant crews is pretty close.
Closing the hierarchy gap is one way to see it.
In hindsight, the pay is much deserved because we all know that the service industry is one hell of a place to work in. Not forgetting the insane Karens determined to make sure it is hell.
Maybe fresh grads can consider working here part-time amidst their job search. It’s definitely a better alternative than being completely jobless.
- S’pore Mercs Caught in JB Pumping Petrol into Multiple Makeshift Containers
- Former Google S’pore Employees Claimed Layoff Was Done Via Email
- HDB Helped Flat Owner Solve Kitchen Leakage Problem After Media Reports
- Elderly Driver Stopped Van in the Middle of Expressway to Ask for Directions
- The US Might Have Spent S$587,000 to Shoot Down a S$16 Balloon by a Hobby Group
Featured Image: Instagram (taiersingapore) / Reddit (u/Whiskerfield)
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”