Last Updated on 2022-10-10 , 1:43 pm
I love to travel and I take the phrase, “the world is your oyster” in the literal sense.
Planning to savour the world one country at a time.
But the process of getting to my holiday destination—I find it extremely arduous, from packing my luggage to surviving the entire plane ride.
The latter is the worst, especially when you’re seated beside someone who has no sense of personal space.
You can experience it in economy class aka the bloodbath of flights, where you can hear babies screaming one corner and people snoring on the other.
Yeah, you could say that I should fly first class since I am so whiny…
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to ever enjoy the sweet, serene world that is first class and you know why?
Coz’ my bank account gave me this reaction:
But according to British author, Tilly Bagshawe, that isn’t the case.
She told Bloomberg in an interview that she flies around 100,000 miles per year and she has gotten upgrades using her miles by using two magic words.
The two magic words
Well, the said magic words are “revenue management“.
For those who are like: wtf is that
Well, simply put, it means managing money.
Revenue management is a department within the airline company and it ensures that the flights are profitable.
So, if you the magic words with enough confidence, you might just bag yourself a first-class upgrade.
How do you say it
Of course, you just don’t blurt out revenue management and expect a miracle to transpire.
Tilly Bagshawe was nice enough to share with us on how to nail it, word for word.
“Have revenue management released any first-class seats for miles upgrades yet?”
If you get a resounding no, don’t give up just yet. You can request them to put you through revenue management coz you want to know how many seats are left.
“You have 20 seats unsold? Why aren’t you releasing them?’
And according to Tifanny, this is a surefire way to get yourself upgraded.
So, try it out and let me know if it works!
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast