Last Updated on 2022-10-10 , 1:43 pm
I love to travel and I take the phrase, “the world is your oyster” in the literal sense.
Planning to savour the world one country at a time.
But the process of getting to my holiday destination—I find it extremely arduous, from packing my luggage to surviving the entire plane ride.
The latter is the worst, especially when you’re seated beside someone who has no sense of personal space.
You can experience it in economy class aka the bloodbath of flights, where you can hear babies screaming one corner and people snoring on the other.
Yeah, you could say that I should fly first class since I am so whiny…
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to ever enjoy the sweet, serene world that is first class and you know why?
Coz’ my bank account gave me this reaction:
But according to British author, Tilly Bagshawe, that isn’t the case.
She told Bloomberg in an interview that she flies around 100,000 miles per year and she has gotten upgrades using her miles by using two magic words.
The two magic words
Well, the said magic words are “revenue management“.
For those who are like: wtf is that
Well, simply put, it means managing money.
Revenue management is a department within the airline company and it ensures that the flights are profitable.
So, if you the magic words with enough confidence, you might just bag yourself a first-class upgrade.
How do you say it
Of course, you just don’t blurt out revenue management and expect a miracle to transpire.
Tilly Bagshawe was nice enough to share with us on how to nail it, word for word.
“Have revenue management released any first-class seats for miles upgrades yet?”
If you get a resounding no, don’t give up just yet. You can request them to put you through revenue management coz you want to know how many seats are left.
“You have 20 seats unsold? Why aren’t you releasing them?’
And according to Tifanny, this is a surefire way to get yourself upgraded.
So, try it out and let me know if it works!
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee