News broke just recently regarding a male official from South Korea’s Ministry of Justice committing suicide.
He had committed suicide from a bridge across the Han River.
According to Naver News, the man was an employee at the Office of Emergency Safety Planning which spearheads the national emergency and disaster management in South Korea.
South Korean In Charge of COVID-19 Commits Suicide; Unknown If It’s Due to Work
Lest you’re unaware, the Office of Emergency Safety Planning is involved and in charge of containing the COVID-19 outbreak in South Korea.
According to Naver News, the man could be seen in CCTV footage driving his car before crashing into the railing of the Donjak Bridge.
Shortly after, he is seen jumping from the bridge into the Han River. Unfortunately, he died at around 5am South Korean time or around 4am Singapore time.
Body Found Hours Later
The search for his body took a few hours, and it was found at around 8am Singapore time by the Banpo rescue team.
Amidst all the speculations, we can’t be sure whether his reason for committing suicide was due to his work as there are no clear links at this time.
South Korea’s Ministry of Justice and the relevant authorities are currently looking into and investigating why the man committed suicide.
They will also be looking into whether his death was due to his work.
The COVID-19 Situation In South Korea
As of 27 February, South Korea has an additional 505 COVID-19 infections.
The total number of confirmed cases in South Korea is 1,766 and things are getting serious.
In total, the virus has claimed the lives of 13 people.
This has forced the Singapore Government to take action and the Ministry of Health has put into place a ban on travellers who have travel history to Cheongdo and Daegu in South Korea in the last 14 days.
These two places have been where majority of the cases in South Korea have struck.
We sincerely hope that the authorities will get to the bottom of this incident.
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue