We all know the importance of education for our future. For most of us, it’s a rigorous grind that we can’t wait to get out of.
Unfortunately, the pressures from school were way too much for one teenager.
According to the New Straits Times, a 13-year-old boy from Penang, Malaysia hanged himself after he could not finish his homework.
Teacher Had Complained That The Boy Didn’t Complete His Homework
The teenager’s school teacher had complained to his mother earlier that he didn’t finish his homework.
The mother then scolded him for not doing so and told him to do his homework.
Later in the day, the mother checked on his progress but the boy had yet to finish his homework and told her that he would take a shower.
Thirty minutes passed but the boy hadn’t come out of the bathroom. The father became worried and checked on him by knocking on the bathroom door.
However, though the water was still running, the boy did not respond. He then broke down the bathroom door to find his son hanging by a towel.
The father tried to administer CPR on the teenager while his neighbours called the police and the ambulance. Unfortunately, the 13-year-old boy passed away on the way to the hospital.
Teenager Wasn’t Interested In Studying
According to World Of Buzz, police investigations found that he wasn’t interested in studying and was not good in his studies.
The teenager also allegedly complained to his parents about his workload and stress, and how he received too much homework.
Wrote A Note To His Mother
The police also found a thank you note to his mother for taking care of him for the duration of his life.
The education system can sometimes feel like a rat race, but it’s important to always remember that everyone moves at different speeds, and that’s okay.
Always remember to take frequent breaks and reward yourself.
If you are going through a hard time, or know anyone who is, please do not hesitate to reach out for support. Contact 1800-221-4444, a Samaritans of Singapore hotline which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Clarke Quay Hotpot Restaurant Sells Rabbit Meat & As Expected, Netizens Started to Do Something About It
- Kurt Tay’s 31YO Prankster’s Way to Convince Kurt to Drop Police Case is As Childish as His Prank
- Japanese Sugar Baby ‘Luxury Mistress’ Matchmaking Service Comes to S'pore Without Much Resistance...Yet
- S’porean Shopper In JB Shocked to Know That The Money She Drew from ATM Were Fake
- 2 Men Arrested After Fighting Over A&W Seats At Jewel Changi Airport
- Media Makes Fun Of Gold Medalist Joseph Schooling For Putting On Weight At SEA Games