Every year’s CNY got us thinking: How much money should you be putting into your Ang Baos? Do you have the same doubt as us?
We tried to find what’s the market rate for Ang Bao in 2017 and got facepalmed instead.
Market Rate for Ang Bao 2017
According to this market rate in 2016, it projects how much is expected of us to give in Ang Baos.
I’m sure many of us usually give/receive Ang Baos below market rate. Aren’t we all a little guilty now? I mean, who receives an Ang Bao above $2 nowadays from your neighbour?
How much is too much?
Exactly how much to put? It really depends on your relationship with the other party. If it is your own family members, don’t niao and give $2 only please. Giving Ang Bao is ultimately a symbol of giving the opposite party your blessings. As much as they say giving comes from the heart, sometimes our budget is too tight and we can’t afford to give too much. Reserve the $2 for your colleague’s children instead!
After all, CNY is more than just collecting
money Ang Baos. Take this festive occasion to reunite with your family and spend ample time with them. Of course, don’t forget to feast on those new year goodies!
Of course, for some reason, there’s no rate we could find online. Maybe we’ve finally grown out of that stage–or maybe, it’ll be out in a few days?
In the meantime, if you really need a reference, you can use the chart above.
Featured Image: Peiling Lee / Shutterstock.com
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- Don’t Say BoJio: Up to 80% off Items Like Bird Nests & Coke, Because #CNY
- 8 Taboos You Cannot Do During CNY House Visiting Or You Won’t Be Invited Back Next Year
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant