Last Updated on 2021-03-05 , 2:09 pm
There’s a popular saying that your eyes are the window to your soul, but if you expand it a bit, we can say your face is the window to your soul too.
Although that sounds a bit corny (and maybe a tad bit old fashioned), there’s definitely some truth in it. Good facial hygiene is really important for making a great first impression.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that you’re in the wrong if you have a bad complexion.
Some people have a harder time keeping those active sebum glands under control.
However, washing your face the right way will do wonders in keeping your complexion at its best. Trust us, you don’t want to go out looking like a ‘kuali’ all the time.
If you’re wondering what the right face washing techniques are, here are some tips and tricks to help you:
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Pay attention to your T-zone
The area along your nose and forehead form what experts like to call a T-zone. This area is known for producing the most oil and sebum on the face, and some extra scrubbing in this area is necessary for removing all those excess oiliness.
Wash your face more than once a day
Most people wash their face as part of their morning wake-up routine because the cold water tends to shock you awake and help you snap out of the whole grogginess thing.
However, how many of you know that washing your face once a day just isn’t enough. You should at least aim for two or three washes a day, preferably at lunch and after your evening bath.
Pick the right cleanser
Not all cleansers are the same, so you’ll have to look around for one that suits you.
If you have dry or flaky skin, go for cleansers that moisturize your skin.
If your face is prone to acne and pimples, consider an anti-acne face wash.
When all’s been said and done, do your best to avoid washing with normal body soap as this can be too harsh for your face.
Remove all makeup before washing
The aim of a good face washing is to remove dirt and oil from your face. If you leave your makeup on, the cleanser is just going to scrub off the makeup without actually cleaning the impurities from your skin.
Always remove makeup first using a makeup remover, baby oil or mineral oil before proceeding to wash your face.
Follow proper cleansing steps
The three basic steps in your face-washing routine should be cleanser, toner and moisturizer.
Toners function to kill any bacteria that will cause pimples and acne whereas moisturizers keep your skin supple and young.
Don’t rub your face with a towel as this may cause it to wrinkle and age. Instead, pat dry with a soft towel.
Featured Image: aslysun / Shutterstock.com
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee