Do you ever feel cold and ask your friends if they feel the same, but they think you’re crazy because they’re sweating buckets? Or if you actually feel hot in an air conditioned room while your shivering pals are covered in blankets? It must have happened at some point of time. Ever wondered why it happens? We have the answers.
Physical health problems
If you’re feeling cold where the room is hot or hot where the room is cold, it could be that you’re falling sick, like getting the flu or fever. Sometimes it could also be because you have medical conditions such as anaemia or malnutrition or any weight issues. It’s best to consult a doctor.
Mental Health Problems
It is said that people tend to feel colder if they are lonely or depressed. So if you isolate yourself or are feeling the blues, you’re more likely to shiver even though others are warm and the room temperature doesn’t change.
On the other hand if you are hot, chances are you’re actually feeling happy and excited. So it gives off a warm fuzzy feeling inside you. Stress Yes, stress. What’s the connection?
Being stressed about work or family will tend to make you nervous, causing increased blood flow thus making your body feel worked and heated.
So if you are stressed out, it’s no wonder you feel hot in an air conditioned room. Stress seems to affect almost everything, it seems. So if you feel weirdly cold or hot when everyone else is feeling normal, it’s good for you to take a step back and see what is affecting you.
Try to release and relieve yourself, and free yourself from stress whenever you are at work or school. You’ll find yourself not feeling too hot or cold at weird times.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily—your prefect companion for your daily commute!
Top Image: BlueRingMedia / Shutterstock.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too