Last Updated on 2020-12-04 , 6:18 pm
Wouldn’t it be interesting to be able to foresee the future and get a sneak preview of your future husband?
Any clue would be crucial to help you make your life-long decision that might affect your future happiness. Imagine seeing Justin Bieber as your husband: I’m pretty sure that’ll keep you single forever #justsaying
Well, you can do so with an apple. And a mirror. And a knife. And a candle (yeah, a lot of things).
And you can’t just do it any time.
This is all you have to do, but the prerequisites of the myth states that you should be single and not in a relationship for this to be accurate.
- Wait till midnight on the night of Halloween (which, by the way, is on 31 October 2018)
- Prepare a mirror, an apple, a knife and a lit candle
- When midnight strikes, peel the apple in front of the mirror with one long continuous strip, making sure that it must not break or something bad would then happen to you.
- With your right hand, toss the peel over your left shoulder.
There are many versions as to what would happen after you follow this methodology.
One of the most common one being that when the apple peel hit the ground, it would be in the shape of your future husband’s initials.
So if looks like a J, it could well be Justin Bieber.
Or your classmate Jin Jin Jin.
Another version is that you would be able to see how your future husband would look like through the mirror after you have peeled the apple in front of the mirror.
Version #3 states that you should recite this charm when you peel the apple for it to work:
I pare this apple round and again
My sweetheart’s name to flourish plain
I fling the pairing o’er my head
My sweetheart’s letter on the ground be read.
Another common method instructed a girl to light two candles at midnight, then sit in front of a mirror and eat an apple.
She was then asked to brush her hair, where an image of her future husband would then appear in the mirror behind her shoulder.
Why the mirrors, you might ask. Mirrors are always considered as portals to the shadow world. In a house where someone has recently passed away, all mirrors must be covered, unless you would want the person’s soul to be trapped inside.
If you break a mirror, it can create 7 years of bad luck, unless you gather all the pieces and wash them in a river that runs south (but with the few rivers in Singapore, I rather you not break one to save the trouble).
No matter what it is, this custom of bobbing for apples was originally another form of divination called the “aipple dooking” in Scotland, where a tub is filled with water and apples are floated on the surface.
The first person to actually grab an apple with their teeth without the help of their hands would be the first person to marry and he/she can then peel the apple and toss it over their shoulder to see who the person would be.
There are still about two months to Halloween; would you want to try out this method too? Then you can start practicing to peel the apple skin in one stroke now – or be prepared to be struck with bad luck when you fail this mission two months later.
But of course, this is just for fun. If you really want to see how your future husband looks like…
Featured Image: Ironika / Shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake