Last Updated on 2023-06-15 , 1:50 pm
Average Height in Singapore (What is Singapore Average Height)
Without Googling, what do you think is the average height in Singapore? You’d definitely have two answers, of course: one’s for the guys and one’s for the ladies.
Take a second to guess before we reveal the answer. Go on, do it; I’ll wait.
Well, here are the facts.
Average Height in Singapore for Males & Females (Are You Above Or Below Average?)
The average Singaporean height, comprising both male and female, is 165.5 cm. The average height for a male Singaporean is 171 cm while the average height for a female Singaporean is 160.
So, are you above or below average?
Now, do note that the study is concluded back in 2014, but it should still be accurate now unless aliens have landed in Yishun and alter our DNA within years.
What’s interesting is that apparently, we Singaporeans are the tallest in ASEAN, which comprises Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
And here’s one more interesting fact: the average height for a male Malaysian is 165 cm while the average height for a female Malaysian is 153 cm.
The average for the entire ASEAN region is 164 cm for males and 153 cm for females.
Fascinating, isn’t it?
But before you get too happy, here’s one more fact: in the US, the average height for males is 177 cm and female is 163 cm.
Interestingly enough, you can’t retrieve a reliable number for the average height for the world, as the study would be too extensive.
Some regions might allow people to self-report their height instead of measuring it physically (to save cost), resulting in people inflating their height. Pretty sure that’s very common; my boss has been telling everyone he’s 180 cm when he looks less than 170 cm.
If you’re still insecure about your height, there’re shoes that can make you look taller. Called Elevator Shoes, they work by adding up to 12cm to the shoes’ heels.
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue