Without Googling, what do you think is the average height for a Singaporean male and female?
Take a second to guess before we reveal the answer.
Well, here are the facts: The average height for a male Singaporean is 171 cm while the average height for a female Singaporean is 160.
So, are you above or below average?
What’s interesting is that apparently, we Singaporeans are the tallest in ASEAN, which comprises Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
And here’s one more interesting fact: the average height for a male Malaysian is 165 cm while the average height for a female Malaysian is 153 cm.
The average for the entire ASEAN region is 164 cm for males and 153 cm for females.
Fascinating, isn’t it?
But before you get too happy, here’s one more fact: in the US, the average height for males is 177 cm and female is 163 cm.
Interestingly enough, you can’t retrieve a reliable number for the average height for the world, as the study would be too extensive.
Some regions might allow people to self-report their height instead of measuring it physically (to save cost), resulting in people inflating their height.
If you’re still insecure about your height, there’re shoes that can make you look taller.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill