You got hear of the Jetstar announcement or not? They say they going to adopt Singlish as its official language on board leh! The announcement was made on Jetstar’s Facebook page on 31 March and paired with a video of its cabin crew using Singlish to make announcements. They claimed that the website would also be in Singlish!
Of course, it turned out to be an April Fool’s prank, as predicted by many Facebook users.
However, since the post appeared on the Jetstar Asia Facebook page, it’s been viewed about 104,000 times. The video content filmed cabin crew enacting an inflight announcement in Singlish, as below:
“Seatbelt must kiap low and tight for take-off, turbulence and landing. This aeroplane got eight emergency exits, remember where ah. Cannot smoke anywhere hor. If smoke detector goes off, you jialat I tell you. Thank you and enjoy your flight.”
Although Jetstar’s representative clarified that it was a publicity stunt for April Fool’s Day, they didn’t exactly break their promise! They really don’t play play one sia!
If you check their Jetstar Singapore homepage, you can see that it is in Singlish.
Besides that, we also give top kudos to Jetstar’s social media management.
Just look at their replies to customers’ comments on their Facebook post!
Awesome command of Singlish. Someone give the social media manager a promotion.
This reply is so much better than simply just a “Thank you!” GGWP, Jetstar.
Top Image: Jetstar.com
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Everything About The Ku Hye-sun & Ahn Jae-hyun Divorce That Includes Dogs, Nipples & More Dirty Laundry
- SAF Encik Sent To DB & Fired For Keeping Blank Rounds Illegally Cuz He Wanted To Protect His Guys
- #ThirstyThursday: Coca-Cola Frozen Review: Smells & Taste Like Coke But Different
- Daughter Hires Killers To Kill Mother So She Can Get Inheritance To Save Boyfriend
- Girlfriend Stabbed BF After He Called Her ‘Fat’ & They’ve Only Been Together for 20 Days