You got hear of the Jetstar announcement or not? They say they going to adopt Singlish as its official language on board leh! The announcement was made on Jetstar’s Facebook page on 31 March and paired with a video of its cabin crew using Singlish to make announcements. They claimed that the website would also be in Singlish!
Of course, it turned out to be an April Fool’s prank, as predicted by many Facebook users.
However, since the post appeared on the Jetstar Asia Facebook page, it’s been viewed about 104,000 times. The video content filmed cabin crew enacting an inflight announcement in Singlish, as below:
“Seatbelt must kiap low and tight for take-off, turbulence and landing. This aeroplane got eight emergency exits, remember where ah. Cannot smoke anywhere hor. If smoke detector goes off, you jialat I tell you. Thank you and enjoy your flight.”
Although Jetstar’s representative clarified that it was a publicity stunt for April Fool’s Day, they didn’t exactly break their promise! They really don’t play play one sia!
If you check their Jetstar Singapore homepage, you can see that it is in Singlish.
Besides that, we also give top kudos to Jetstar’s social media management.
Just look at their replies to customers’ comments on their Facebook post!
Awesome command of Singlish. Someone give the social media manager a promotion.
This reply is so much better than simply just a “Thank you!” GGWP, Jetstar.
Top Image: Jetstar.com
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- SMU & NUS Residences Also Used for Quarantine Proposes; Some Students Allegedly Not Happy With The Move
- Taiwanese With Wuhan Virus Hid Symptoms & Went to Taiwan Nightclub; Fined SGD$13.5K
- Singer Participates In Competition To Pay Mum’s Medical Bills; Finds Out She Passed Away During Her Performance
- MOH Says 4th Wuhan Virus Patient Has Been on Public Transport, VivoCity & USS But Risk of Infection is Low
- Hong Kong Protestors Set Fire On Building Meant for Quarantine Proposes
- S’pore Government Debunks 3 Misinformation About Wuhan Virus Status in S’pore