It’s not every day we come across touching stories like these, but when we do, it’s worth sharing.
A year ago, a 65-year-old man went viral for selling soft toys in Damansara Uptown to pay for his chemotherapy treatment and his son’s education. What made the story worth sharing wasn’t only about the fact that he was old and still selling on the streets, but his humility that moved the Internet.
Instead of upselling the soft toys at 25RM to 30RM per piece like what they are doing in the malls, he sells them at 10RM, simply because
“The profit is low, but enough for me to get by.”
Ever since the story went viral (it received close to 18,000 shares), the uncle has received an overwhelming response.
A recent image of him selling Pokemon plushies has even prompted people of all ages to pop by and give him support, including those from Kepong, Klang, Gombak, Penang, Malacca and even from Singapore. His plushies now get sold out within half an hour.
For those who are wondering, the uncle now situates himself at the HSBC Bank and has been there for the past 2 years ever since Leukaemia took a hit on him and he can no longer move around as much.
“Before this I was double my size, vert fit. Now I don’t want to think too much and leave it to the hands of God.”
According to an article by World of Buzz, the uncle has now sold well over 300 pieces and is very grateful for everyone’s support.
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use