Of all things in Avengers, I think we all knew what the thing we want the most.
It’s not Captain America’s shield, it’s not the Iron Man suit, it’s not the Infinity Gauntlet.
What are we gonna do with an Iron Man suit? Blow up GoodyFeed office then get arrested? Use the suit to protect myself from aliens?
And what we’re going to show you… will make you feel like you have J.A.R.V.I.S. on the MRT.
Augmented Reality (AR) MRT Map
In a Facebook video by Timothi Lim, he showed a video of him using his EZ-link card and Facebook app camera to show the entire SMRT map.
First, he took out his EZ-link card and matched the back in the Facebook camera.
And then the MRT map pops up.
You can lock the map in place and view the map.
You can resize the map if you need to
On first sight, this looked cool as shit.
Here are the instructions:
- Open this link – https://www.facebook.com/fbcameraeffects/…/2417305934959200/
- Scan the back of an adult EZ-LINK card
- SMRT map pops up
- Use your thumb to resize the map by swiping up and down.
- Tapping the map locks it in place. Pinch the map with two fingers to resize or move it around with one finger.
You can watch the video below:
How does it work?
This whole thing was created using SparkAR and SMRT map graphics.
According to the post, Timothi Lim was “inspired by other creators who had created similar experiences in other countries”.
But apparently, different EZ-link designs mean that not all can use this effect, so he went with the most common blue version. Standard Ticket, the Tourist Pass, and the NETS flashpay card will be coming in updates.
He works with The Doodle People to help create effects like this. You can find out more about them here.
Is this the future? Is JARVIS now here? I was having a mindplosion until I realised the most important thing: I still need to use my phone to open Facebook to use this.
Which means to use this effect I have to use 2 hands, instead of just using 1 by Googling the map or downloading the map to a location on my phone I can easily see, or using one of the transport apps which has an updated map.
Just a first step?
But remember, I may be skeptical af, and now this technology doesn’t do much except make you feel cool. Give it more time, and maybe it will develop to actually be cool. Maybe phones aren’t the platform for AR. Or maybe we just need a little tweaking somewhere.
Like, uh, Google Glass? Or maybe as part of some kind of AR navigation like the Google Maps AR? Either way…
Cool, I guess.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- SMU & NUS Residences Also Used for Quarantine Proposes; Some Students Allegedly Not Happy With The Move
- Taiwanese With Wuhan Virus Hid Symptoms & Went to Taiwan Nightclub; Fined SGD$13.5K
- Singer Participates In Competition To Pay Mum’s Medical Bills; Finds Out She Passed Away During Her Performance
- MOH Says 4th Wuhan Virus Patient Has Been on Public Transport, VivoCity & USS But Risk of Infection is Low
- Hong Kong Protestors Set Fire On Building Meant for Quarantine Proposes
- S’pore Government Debunks 3 Misinformation About Wuhan Virus Status in S’pore