Respecting the dead means not stirring rumors and giving space for the grieving.
But apparently, some people lack basic decency and have to be reminded. Case in point? The passing of Victoria Lee.
Asking for Space
Victoria Lee, the 18-year-old MMA fighter with One Championship, passed away on 26 December last year.
A little more than a week later, on 8 January 2023, Angela Lee, her older sister, broke the shocking news of Victoria’s untimely death.
The 26-year-old One championship MMA wrote in a lengthy Instagram post expressing her grievances about losing her sister.
View this post on Instagram
Her post, however, did not publicize the cause of death. The lack of clarity then became a breeding ground for multiple unfounded conspiracies centering on the cause.
Clearly, the family had had enough of baseless rumors circulating around. In another Instagram post following the one above, Lee firmly asked for the family to have some privacy to mourn the loss.
View this post on Instagram
She stated that due to the “media outbreak”, the family would have Victoria’s “celebration of life” on 15 January a closed event, for immediate family only.
Then directing to the media and news outlets that have tried to contact her, her parents, and other members of their family, she asked that they respect their wishes “to not give any further public statements”.
She concluded by stressing again, for the internet to “show some respect and give us our time and space to grieve”.
This includes hiring private investigators and conspiracy theories.
Yes, apparently, media outlets have gone to the extent of hiring private investigators to find out more about Victoria’s demise.
Closing MMA Gym
Following Victoria’s passing, the family decided to permanently close down the family’s gym in Hawaii.
News of its closure was shared on Twitter by a combat sports podcast host, Todd Atkins.
United MMA Hawaii sent out notices stating “all memberships will be canceled and students will no longer be billed moving forward.” Their IG says the gym is “permanently closed.”
— The Todd Atkins Show 🥋 (@ToddAtkinsMMA) January 8, 2023
As mentioned, the Instagram account for the gym announced its closure in its bio:
- S’pore Influencer Slammed for Asking for Ang Bao Online & Giving 20% Back to the Highest Contributor
- 50YO Single Dad Closed Rojak Stall After Earning Just $12 a Day
- Geylang Serai Bazaar Back from 17 March 2023 & Will Have 10 Times More Stalls
- Ong Ye Kung: No Spike in COVID-19 Cases Despite Long CNY Holidays & China’s Reopening
- S’pore Zoo Responds to Allegations That Rats in Zoo Are Being Abused
Featured Image: @victorialee.mma / Instagram
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death