Ask anyone in Singapore where they can get the cheapest computer and IT parts in Singapore and more than likely, you’ll be directed to Sim Lim Square.
However, it’s not a place all Singaporeans dared step into. It’s a maze where only the most experienced and savviest will truly get the best deals. The rest of us mere mortals will likely be cheated.
The Sim Lim Maze, Similar to Goblet of Fire Maze, except deadlier
Because it hits where it hurts most: our wallets.
In Sim Lim, there’s an unspoken rule that says the truly good deals exist within shops hidden in dark corners around the mall.
But at the same time, the mall also has a reputation of making Roberts out of us, locals and foreigners alike. The only way you’ll survive is if you know your computer parts and their real worth.
Because of that, a lot of us settle for getting stuff from Challenger or Courts. It might be more expensive, but hey, at least we know we’re getting our money’s worth. Somewhat.
Simlim.sg, the godsend to us IT noobs in Singapore
And someone decided to do something about the situation at Sim Lim.
The independent price comparison platform was created because the creators have spent too much time trying to find the best prices on electronics and accessories in Singapore and unhappy experiences at Sim Lim Square.
How does it work?
If you have something you need to buy, just proceed to the website and key in your search terms.
And it’ll show you how many shops within Sim Lim are selling the item you need, where it’s located at within the mall and reviews to show how trustworthy the shop is (if any).
And that’s not the best part.
It even has a price and merchant comparison which allows you to make the best decision.
Best of all, it’s free
Yup, FOC. Set up for consumers by consumers. Just note that the website only shows prices from merchants who have signed on with them and those that placed their prices on a public domain.
It’s like Sim Lim’s version of Marauder’s Map, showing you the who, where and how much.
**All images from simlim.sg
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Why S’pore Should Pay the Bills for All COVID-19 Patients, Including Foreigners or Even Martians
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- More Info About Patient 31 in South Korea Emerges & People Are Now Calling Her ‘Crazy Ajumma’
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 2 Young Doctors From Hubei Died from COVID-19; Touching Interviews with Loved Ones Show Their Courage