What do you do when you stumble upon someone’s credit card in public? Is your first thought to find the rightful owner and return it?
Or would you sneakily steal it and use it for your own gain?
This woman chose to do the latter, and now she’s facing the consequences of her actions.
Another Woman Arrested For Allegedly Using Other People’s Credit Card
A woman was arrested on 17 January for unauthorised transactions amounting to more than $3,400 using someone else’s credit card.
She basically stole it and then decided to use it.
The victim who had his/her credit card stolen made a police report on 21 November 2019 after they realised that unauthorised transactions had been made using her missing credit card.
The feeling of losing your credit card and then having someone make unauthorised transactions on it must suck.
Luckily, officers from the Commercial Affairs Department found and arrested the 31-year-old suspect promptly.
Made Retail Purchases
The suspect is said to have stumbled upon the victim’s lost credit card and decided to purchase items at retail shops.
According to the Singapore Police Force, she paid for services that cost a total of $3,400.
Those convicted of dishonest misappropriation of property can be jailed up to two years, be fined or both.
Those convicted of cheating may be jailed up to 10 years, be fined or both.
The police advise the public to contact their respective card-issuing banks should they face a similar situation.
For instance, if you lost or have had your credit or debit cards stolen.
In order to safeguard your money even more, the public is also advised to take additional measures by turning on SMS notifications for charges incurred on debit or credit cards or regularly checking bank statements.
Should you see any suspicious or unauthorised transactions that weren’t made by your sugar baby girlfriend, do contact your card-issuing bank at the earliest possible time.
The 31-year-old suspect is expected to be charged in court today.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Why S’pore Should Pay the Bills for All COVID-19 Patients, Including Foreigners or Even Martians
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- More Info About Patient 31 in South Korea Emerges & People Are Now Calling Her ‘Crazy Ajumma’
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 2 Young Doctors From Hubei Died from COVID-19; Touching Interviews with Loved Ones Show Their Courage