On Thursday (1 Sept), at around 6:10am, a fatal accident occurred at the junction of Woodlands Avenue 4 and Woodlands Avenue 9.
it is understood that a yellow Honda Civic was going straight, and it collided with a right-turning bus in the middle of the road junction.
The front of the car smashed into the middle body of the bus, which completely destroyed the front of the car.
The driver of the car, a 32-year-old man, was pronounced dead on the spot. Everyone in the bus was injured, and one of the passengers, a 53-year-old woman, succumbed to her injuries later that day.
If you’ve made any speculation about the accident, the cousin of the Civic driver has come out to urge you to stop.
Cousin Reveals More Details About Driver Killed in Woodlands Accident & Urges for Empathy
In a TikTok video posted yesterday, TikTok user ummifiqriya, who claims to be the cousin of the driver, has urged members of the public to “exercise kindness and empathy,” and also to refrain from making assumptions of the accident.
She highlighted that it’s still unknown what happened.
She then claimed that if you look at the images that were posted online, you won’t see any tyre brake marks, which suggests that no emergency brakes were applied. She then added that “any sound mind” would have reacted by braking hard.
She also said that the accident has claimed two lives, so she hoped people would allow the families to grieve, and that hurtful comments aren’t helping.
She then provided more context about the driver.
The 32-year-old driver was her cousin, and he was a very jovial and cheerful person. He has just celebrated his birthday a day before the accident.
In addition, he has a history of seizures and fits.
A seizure is a sudden, uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain, and if it’s severe, it could cause symptoms like these:
- Temporary confusion
- A staring spell
- Uncontrollable jerking movements of the arms and legs
- Loss of consciousness or awareness
- Cognitive or emotional symptoms, such as fear, anxiety or déjà vu
There are many causes of a seizure, ranging from a stroke, a closed head injury or an infection, although oftentimes, the causes are unknown. They usually last from 30 seconds to two minutes.
If a person has two or more unprovoked seizures, he or she is considered to have epilepsy.
In Singapore, under the current Road Traffic Act, people with epilepsy are prohibited to drive any type of vehicles. They must declare their epilepsy condition when applying for a driving license.
The Civic driver has left behind two children and his wife. He has a daughter in primary school and a son who is still a toddler.
He is also a family man, doing everything with his family.
- Why Joseph Schooling Reportedly Admitted to Consuming Cannabis
- 9 Updates About the Clementi Landslide That Has Caused Even More Issues
- Super Serious Shanmugam Has Joined TikTok & Explained Why He’s Now on the Platform
- Jeff Ng Finally Addresses His Scandals Directly & Says Concert Was Planned Before Saga
- 44YO Woman Went to Surprise JC Teacher in School But Netizens Couldn’t Tell Who the Teacher Is
- Food King Suddenly Closes Down & Disappears Completely Like The Online Citizen
Featured Image: TikTok (@ummifiqriya)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia