We all know Xiaxue for her brazen personality and she has no qualms saying things as it is.
But this time round, it is something that we can actually try out and it might help our kaypoh-ness.
Over the weekend, she had another popular YouTuber, Dee Kosh, on her Youtube Channel to review social media influencer’s account and the credibility of their followers.
In this day and age, being a social media influencer is considered a legit job. Even The New Paper reported earlier this month on young social media influencers (who are students) getting sponsorships from beauty and apparel brands.
What happens if they actually bought the followers? Buying of followers is frowned upon, especially when advertisers engage them and they don’t see any return on investment.
So, Xiaxue and Dee Kosh did some digging by using a social media statistics tracker—Social Blade, to see whether the followers of the social media influencers were organic or if they were bought.
Social Blade allows you to view a person’s social media growth through a line chart.
They did have a disclaimer: They cannot say for a fact, if it’s bought or not and it is just their opinions.
According to them, a gradual growth of followers would more likely be more authentic.
This is Dee Kosh’s chart.
A healthy and gradual increase.
An organic increment of followers would be about 100+ a day
Here is Rosalyn Lee’s chart:
This is how an authentic growth of followers would look like.
An account that might seem fake or dubious is when there are sudden and extreme spikes.
Like these ones:
So now you got an idea how to read the chart?
So time to do some FBI work on your secondary schoolmates or friends who suddenly have a large following overnight.
Just head to social blade and key in the username you would like to snoop on, and voila!
You can look at their growth chart.
But of course, as a disclaimer again, this might not be fully accurate: they might have a campaign by a client during that spike, leading to more awareness for the account in a short time-frame.
Just take it with a pinch of salt.
Watch the full video if you want some humorous commentary on the charts.
And of course, we can’t help but to check out if Goody Feed has bought any followers.
Oh, wait, we only have got 1,552 followers?
Might as well just delete it instead of buying any followers #sorrynotsorry
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Don’t Say Bojio: 1-For-1 Waffles Platter (Incl. Ice Cream) At Sugar Lips (Until 31 Oct)
- Don’t Say Bojio: Manhattan FISH MARKET at Up to 44% Off (Till 31 Oct)
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: YouTube (Xiaxue)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast