These few days, Singapore’s Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) has been hard at work recalling different products from the public.
The latest one was minced pork after clear plastic was found by a horrified housewife on 4 Sep 2018.
And the manufacturer apologised for the unintentional mistake.
And now, less than a week after the discovery, AVA recalls Guang Li Bottled Drinking Water
On 8 Sep, the AVA said that they’ve detected Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria in a batch of Guang Li Liang bottled drinking water.
The bacteria, AVA said, can be found in sewage and faeces.
It was added that the bacteria, while having the capability to cause a range of infections, rarely caused illness in healthy individuals.
Importer Ordered To Recall Affected Batch
BSY Power of Light Trading, the importer of the water, was ordered to recall the affected batch 18228.
Now, if you’ve recently bought yourself some of this drinking water, it wouldn’t hurt to check if yours belong to the affected batch.
The expiry dates of the affected products are 040820, 260820 and 290820, and is imported in from Malaysia.
If you haven’t opened the bottle yet, don’t do it. And if you did, you should go to the doctor if you feel unwell.
Affected consumers can contact BSY Power of Light Trading at 9756 8786 or via email at [email protected]
A Few Other Major Recalls That Happened In The Second Half of 2018
And in case you missed it, here’s a short brief of previous products that were recalled by AVA in the second half of this year.
Tiong Lian Food Pte Ltd Frozen Thawed Minced Meat
On 4 Sep, Facebook user, Candy Chan, took to the social media platform about her experience. She found clear plastic within the first pack of the meat. When she sent her helper back to the supermarket to get another packet of the meat, she found the same thing.
Giant has responded and said they’ve immediately removed the product from their shelves. In addition, the manufacturer apologised and said that the plastic ended up in the meat by accident, and the mistake was subsequently missed in the quality control stage by their staff.
(Article continues below) Xing Xing is a 34-year-old Singaporean lady who decides to meet up with an online friend she found in Facebook. But it turns out that he’s not what he seems to be: Prepare boxes of tissue and watch the saddest Singapore Facebook love story here:
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
Mamil Gold Infant Formula Stage 1 from Dumex
Just a day after PM Lee’s National Day Rally speech, the Mamil Gold Infant Formula Stage 1 from Dumex were recalled on 20 Aug.
They’ve detected Cronobacter sakazakii bacteria in the milk powder.
While Cronobacter infections are rare, they can be dangerous to newborn infants. If contracted, 50% of the infants will die and those who survive will have neurological impairment.
AVA says that symptoms of meningitis or sepsis include poor feeding, fever or lethargy.
Dumex assures all parents that the other stages of their milk formula are all safe for consumption.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Latest posts by Boon Hun (see all)
- Official PlayStation 1 Coming Back with 20 Pre-loaded Games for the Nostalgic Feels - September 20, 2018
- E-Scooter Travelled So ‘Fastly’, It Overtook Motorbike & Beat Red Lights - September 20, 2018
- NEA Using High-Tech Thermal Camera with Face Detection to Catch Illegal Smokers - September 20, 2018